14 days ago
Exciting Internal Auditor role working within a newly formed Internal Audit team.
This role will contribute to the development and delivery of the internal audit & assurance plan; involving the assessment of internal controls, operating processes and procedures; and taking accountability for the end to end audit process and deliverables for allocated audits. Work alongside functional areas to develop of internal policy & practice and the delivery of safe and well controlled services, in line with their strategy and values.
- To deliver and promote the objectives of this organisations internal audit & assurance plan:
- Assessment of financial and operational controls and identification of recommendations to improve the control environment of their services.
- Take a key role in providing assurance to Senior Management and Trustees that financial and operational processes are operating as expected.
- Providing controls assurance across critical business areas and risks.
- Promote continuous improvement across all activities.
- Be a trusted advisor; responsive, supportive and add value.
- To support the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance in the development and delivery of the internal audit & assurance plan that fits with and supports the strategic objectives and which takes account of assurances available elsewhere.
- Produce evidence based audit reports detailing review scope, status, findings and recommendations within agreed parameters of content and timescales.
- Communicating the results and outcomes from internal audit & assurance reviews. Following the identification of weaknesses use evidence based findings and communication manner to engage with staff from outside functional area to gain traction to ensure recommendations are put in place within an agreed timeframe; to include the maintenance of effective methods to monitor progress of actions and recommendations following inspections.
- To give advice to management and influence colleagues outside of functional area on the development of operations and management of performance and risk relating to practice, processes, policies, projects and strategies.
- To liaise widely within the organisation to ensure that learnings from internal audit & assurance reviews are capitalised upon, and, where appropriate, influences strategic planning and development and acting as a key driver for change and improvement.
Previous exposure to significant aspects of auditing procedures or working as an internal auditor.
Experience of working with and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders including other professionals and regulators in this field to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Our client will consider candidates from wither practice or industry.
Excellent opportunity and work life balance on offer.