Internal Audit Senior
|Job Title:||Internal Audit Senior|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Williams|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2020 19:44|
An Internal Audit Senior will be required to work closely with, and support senior members within the team. You will manage assignments of moderate complexity and variety, in line with the audit plan and the internal audit methodologies.
Fastest growing Internal Audit team in the Midlands that offers genuine career opportunities.
- Develop proficiency in applying audit principles, skills and techniques by performing audit tests of varying degrees of complexity.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which effect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the internal audit methodology and quality assurance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing (will be reviewed by senior members) so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Complete work with limited instructions, yet know when to seek guidance from supervising staff when circumstances warrant.
- Be proactive in making business decisions, for example, providing solutions for any client challenges.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to audit practices and processes.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of a professional certification programme.
- Supervise, coach, support and develop junior members of the internal audit team and always share expertise within the team.
- Contribute to, and participate in the growth and development of our team i.e. marketing, networking and business development activities.
- Relevant professional experience, ideally within Internal Audit but will look at someone within External Audit.
- CMIIA (CIA + 3 QIAL case studies) or CCAB qualified
- Proficient in MS Office and flow charting software
- Experience with data analytics software, however additional training will be provided
- Full driving licence.
Excellent package on offer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's