Internal Audit Manager
|Job Title:||Internal Audit Manager|
|Salary:||£41415 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 15:20|
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the Audit Manager will play a pivotal role within the business managing a small team of Internal Auditors.
My client is a Household named organisation based in Cardiff who are growing from strength to strength
The Internal Audit Managers work as members of the Internal Audit team to manage and perform audit and other reviews. IA Managers are responsible for both performing audits and managing their team, including quality controlling the output of that team, colleague recruitment and development, coaching and performing other normal line-management duties.
Whilst IA Managers perform a small number of their own audits, they predominantly work by managing the work of their team or 3rd party team members. Assignments will vary in size and complexity. No two assignments are the same and self-learning including best practice and key risks is required before every audit, as well as professional development of their audit skills, technical specialisms and maintaining a network of internal audit professionals. In addition to maintaining their own skills and knowledge, IA Managers will ensure that those working for them to deliver audits, including 3rd parties, have the right level of skills and knowledge. Where work is of a highly technical or complex nature, IA managers are expected to call on assistance through their internal and external networks and other appropriate sources where necessary. Internal audit work is subject to quality control by senior members of the team and IA Managers will themselves perform quality assessment of work from other teams as well as helping to coordinate independent QA of work performed by their own team.
IA Managers are expected to manage the portfolio of audits for the areas of the business assigned to them. This includes working with the Chief Internal Auditor, Audit Committee and SLT members to agree the annual audit plan, assigning appropriate resources, setting timescales then managing audits to ensure that they are delivered within the deadlines set by Audit Committee. IA Managers must ensure that the audit framework is applied effectively by their team members and must perform such reviews as to ensure that work is of a high standard, with judgement and technical expertise exercised, and with appropriate conclusions reached that are supported by robust evidence. In performing / managing audits, the IA Manager must ensure that resources are managed efficiently with testing adapted as necessary during the audit to ensure reasonable assurance is obtained. IA Managers will oversee the production of audit reports which are accurate, clear, concise and effective in highlighting the most important issues.
IA Managers will assist the Chief Internal Auditor in continuously improving the practices applied in performing internal audits. This includes maintaining elements of the audit process, annual planning, systems and IA governance, as agreed with the Chief Internal Auditor
TECHNICAL SKILLS (for example: MS Office, etc)
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Technical knowledge related to Internal Audit Manager's area of specialism
EDUCATION (for example: college courses, university degrees)
- Educated to degree level, preferably in accounting, business or a related field
- Qualified accountant or Chartered Auditor (CIIA) or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional qualifications relevant to the Internal Audit Manager's area of specialism are also desirable
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE (for example: management experience)
- Internal or external audit experience is required
- Experience in leading audits and controlling the work of colleagues and third party providers is required
- Working in a role that requires risk management and business process/controls is desirable
- Experience of working within Financial Services is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Probing and inquisitive
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines ensuring expectations of stakeholders are effectively managed.
- A good understanding of risk management and business processes/controls
- A good level of knowledge in one or more relevant specialisms
A salary on the range of £41,415 - £60,000
Excellent Pension scheme
35 hours a week
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £55000 per annum + plus great benefits
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Financial Reporting Manager
£39000 - £52000 per annum
Finance Manager - Real Estate
APAC Data Analytics and Enablement Lead, Assurance (Financial Services)