Internal Audit Manager
|Job Title:||Internal Audit Manager|
|Salary:||£42000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Williams|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2019 09:56|
Excellent opportunity for this Internal Audit Manager to shape their own role and team moving forwards.
Leading Midlands business.
Areas of responsibility:
* Manage the delivery of the Internal Audit plan.
* Successfully undertake and deliver complex Internal Audit assignments and quality review activities, from start to finish as part of the in-house Internal Audit plan.
* Quality assure the work and assignments undertaken by the in-house Internal Auditors, ensuring that reports provided to the Head of function are of suitable quality.
* Be responsible for agreeing the scope of activities with relevant stakeholders and the Head of Risk Management and Internal Audit.
* Be responsible for planning, performing and/or managing audits to a successful and timely conclusion.
* Be able to identify areas of control weakness or non-compliance in the control framework; and propose ways of addressing these weaknesses to reduce risk exposure.
* Ensure that each audit assignment is formally de-briefed with the audit sponsor to ensure that draft Internal Audit reports do not present any surprises.
* Ensure that Internal Audit reports educate others on how to improve the control framework.
* Foster and develop strong and effective working relationships with process and risk owners to inspire trust and openness with the in-house Internal Audit team in their work.
* Conducts interviews, scrutinises details, and ask questions to make sure the control framework is suitably designed and adequately complied with.
* Collaborate with stakeholders in identifying ways in which risk can be successfully managed and quality levels enhanced either as part of first- or second-line activity.
* Identify and escalate risks where appropriate and work with stakeholders to develop robust controls with ways of successfully monitoring and managing them.
Must possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Professionally qualified (ACA,ACCA, CIA or equivalent) in Internal Audit.
* Well organised with a high degree of flexibility/adaptability and the ability to manage staff and a diverse and varied portfolio of risk control and quality review activities.
* Exhibit integrity as well as trust, independence and objectivity in your work.
* Constructive, solutions focussed, and service orientated.
* Self-managing and proactive with excellent prioritisation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write concise reports and simplify and convey complex ideas/messages.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate productive, highly collaborative and mutually beneficial working relationships and partnerships.
* Display a clear commitment to/evidence of improving operational efficiencies and identifying potential risks.
* An appreciation and understanding of risk in context and how it should be managed effectively along with how quality is managed.
* Highly PC literate, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word.
* An ability to recognise and respond to diverse thinking styles, learning styles and cultural qualities.
* A commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery.
Superb package on offer!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Internal Audit - Government Non-Departmental Body
Brighton, East Sussex
Up to £74786 per annum + Civil Service Pension + Benefits
£200 - £250 per day
Interim Internal Auditor
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour
Reporting and Management Accounting Manager
£33,107 - £44,336 + £2,000/£4,000 Accountancy Allowance
Interim Financial Accountant
£375 - 425 per day