£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
17 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Internal Audit Manager Job - M3 Corridor near Basingstoke - Financial Services - £75,000 to £80,000
Your new company
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Internal Audit Manager with a financial services background to join this leading mortgages provider.
Your new role
Support the continuous improvement of methodology and tools, collaboration with specialist co-source, developing and implementing risk-based internal audit plans and providing advice and guidance on effective risk management to the 1st and 2nd line of defence (e.g. risk identification, control design).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the business and senior leadership to develop an appropriate 'audit universe', considering the scale and complexity of the business.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in the 1st line of defence and the 2nd line of defence to create an integrated assurance plan, engaging regularly with key stakeholders to design and deliver a seamless assurance plan.
- Develop and regularly update the risk-based Internal Audit Plan, as a key component of the integrated assurance plan.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of the business and all teams to ensure the plan addresses key business and market risks.
- Lead and perform risk-based audits of functions, processes and business areas, supervise input from internal and specialist resource, ensuring the quality and timeliness of audit planning, fieldwork, data analysis, audit work papers, and reporting.
- Review and challenge the planning and delivery of major change projects and programmes, operational changes or major capital expenditure.
- Coordinate with, and provide oversight of, other control and monitoring functions (e.g. risk management, compliance).
- Ensure a 'no surprises' culture with timely engagement on emerging audit findings and observations with internal stakeholders.
- Provide well researched reports and opinions on the overall system of governance, risk management, control and culture and of specific control processes.
- Identify gaps or weaknesses in controls or control processes and propose remedial action commensurate with the nature, complexity and risks in the business.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of agreed plans for remedial action.
- Support the leadership to provide reporting to management and Board committees including ExCo, Board Audit Committee, Board Risk Committee and the Board.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships as part of regular meetings to keep abreast of developments in the business and wider market.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an accomplished and qualified (such as CIIA, ACA, ACCA) Internal Audit professional with practical experience gained from within the regulated financial services sectors, ideally mortgages. A demonstrated ability to deliver robust and commercial impartial independent audit review across various operational sectors such as; credit risk, mortgage servicing, customer services, general operations and treasury is desired. As is experience of auditing within a changing organisation and auditing of change and projects. A keen level of senior gravitas and stakeholder engagement is key to the development and success of this role as is the ability to demonstrate sound business/professional judgement through strength of character, independence of thought, risk awareness and commitment to culture and values.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of between £75,000 and £80,000 DOE, plus a range of company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.