Internal Audit & Risk Manager
|Job Title:||Internal Audit & Risk Manager|
|Contact Name:||Carly Wassell|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2021 16:15|
Internal Audit's purpose is to assist Burberry’s Board, Audit Committee and management team exercise good governance by providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of Burberry’s control, governance and risk management processes. The team’s scope of activities includes all operations in all geographic locations, including associates, joint ventures, outsourcing arrangements and other investments where audit rights are permitted under the relevant agreements. Audits performed cover operational process, financial processes, and key business projects.
- Support the Senior Internal Audit & Risk Manager to deliver the agreed strategy and objectives for the function, supporting on delivery of both the audit and risk management plans
- Understand the key strategies of Burberry and how they impact both Internal Audit and Risk Management’s overall plan.
- Lead delivery of operational and financial audits by identifying the key risks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of key processes and controls.
- Develop testing plans and delivery strategy in line with the terms of reference to evaluate the design and operation of the controls in place with use of data analysis as appropriate.
- Manage delivery of the fieldwork in line with the functional KPIs and summarise audit findings for closure meeting.
- Prepare and/or review draft audit reports, including assessment of findings and overall report grade within agreed timeframes and functional KPIs.
- Apply appropriate quality assurance procedures to ensure that professional internal audit standards are being complied with; ensuring internal audit reports are evidence-based and Internal Audit files are of good-quality.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure Internal Audit remains a relevant, valued business partner by stakeholders
- Facilitate functional and regional risk assessments, including identifying and prioritising risks and mitigating actions in line with the Risk Management Policy.
- Partner with the business through regular risk management support.
- Support with the preparation of the risk report section of the Group Annual Report and bi-annual refresh of the Group’s principal risks by working with business risk owners and understanding industry/market changes.
- Support with the drafting of the risk management updates to be presented to the Risk Committee and Audit Committee.
- Collaborate with the business as required to prepare risk deep dive papers to be presented to the Risk Committee, Audit Committee and the Board.
- Keep up to date with developments in compliance, governance, risk, control and auditing.
- Ability to establish a relationship and influence management, present an argument for change and improvement.
- Works co-operatively with others to achieve objectives, displaying an understanding of group dynamics, being a team player, being collegial and collaborative and open.
- Support the team, managing problems and providing assistance as required.
- Self-motivated, proactive and focussed on driving the delivery of high quality outputs.
- Requires a professional commitment with the objective of completing jobs on time and to the standard required.
- Displays ability to self-assess own performance and take steps to actively improve performance.
- Handles a demanding workload, prioritises requirements with team management and provides guidance and input into numerous areas simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated in both day to day work and in formal meetings and reporting context, including facilitation and meeting management.
- Takes a pragmatic approach and uses sound commercial judgement and knowledge of controls to shape findings and recommendations and influence the business to take action.
- Financial Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or Internal Audit Qualification (IIA, CIA).
- Experience with application of risk-based audit methodologies in operational and financial areas
- Experience with application of risk management practices including facilitation of risk workshops
- A working knowledge of business processes and risks inherent in business functions
- Knowledge of good practice governance and control – process and control re-design
- Experience of auditing or working in FTSE 100 companies or benchmark companies
- SAP ERP experience
- Experience performing data analytics
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Risk & Compliance Manager
generous holiday, private medical
Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
50000 - 65000
Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Senior Internal Auditor
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits