|Job Title:||Internal Audit|
|Contact Name:||Nannett Colley|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2020 17:01|
£32K, internal audit, practice, accountancy, 25% travel, accountant job, Reading
Your new company
A well known accountancy firm has an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor to join there team based in Reading.
Your new role
You will be working as an individual or a team member in delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets. You will be undertaking a wide range of complex audits, some of which will take place at client's sites sites in accordance with our Internal Audit standards.
- To perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings in accordance with our standards per the Internal Audit Manual.
- To provide job training and guidance for more junior auditors.
- Preparing draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards that require only minor amendment for manager review.
- To perform the audit of more complex systems with supervision from client manager.
- To draft audit planning sheets for approval/review by Client/Senior Managers.
- To assist the Client/Senior Manager in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- To be aware of and advise your Manager of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients
- To participate in the firms appraisal and development process.
- It is the duty of all employees to ensure they are familiar with and comply with all the firms' policies e.g health and safety etc.
- Any other duties as required by the Client Manager / Director
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need:
- To have a good technical knowledge on the internal audit process, individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work.
- To provide support as required to more junior and senior staff as required.
- Understands the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet client's needs.
- Know when to consult for guidance and help.
- Communication (oral, electronic, written)
- Oral - able to express ideas and information with clarity. Expected to display confidence when communicating with clients.
- Good working relationship with clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others.
- Listening - demonstrate the ability to listen, evaluate and apply information gained.
- Written - prepare draft reports and working paper files.
- Gain confidence and respect of colleagues and clients.
- Be free to travel up to 25%
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a salary of up to £32000, a generous benefits package and the opportunity of flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's