Interim Treasury Manager (Hedge Accounting)
|Job Title:||Interim Treasury Manager (Hedge Accounting)|
|Salary:||£450 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Nicholas Hughes|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2020 10:11|
This team sits within the Group Corporate Treasury division and is responsible for funding, issuing capital, debt instruments etc. another part of the role is also managing liquidity for the group, and a big focus on hedging (fixed rate mortgages, funding at variable rates etc) they do have another team that do the interest rates.
The team are responsible for managing hedge accounting, have several models they use, and they determine how they use that in the right hedge accounting way.
IBOR transition theme, in 2021 a lot of their products will transition to new bench mark rates, linked to bank of England. There will be a lot of changing of products over to the new benchmark rates which will have an impact on all currencies.
Another part is around trade compression, there has been a lot of activity and they have tried to run several trade compression exercises, algorithms that banks have signed up to.
Core duties of the role:
- Hedge accounting restructure. (Move them to different hedging models, asses the different risks)
- Must understand hedge accounting, from an operational perspective.
- Understand accounting for hedge accounting, where it sits on the balance sheets, to ensure if they are moving stuff around that it is all working appropriately.
- Trade Compression activity is going to increase in the first quarter of next year which has an impact on Steve's team. Looking to reduce the volume of trades so there is less trades they need to transition over as part of IBOR programme.
Will have a key part in when getting notified of trade compression, the candidate must understand the impact of this and put together a plan.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of Treasury products and understanding of derivatives
- Hedge accounting
- Trade compression
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's