£150.00 - £300.00 per day
12 days ago
February 2020 or sooner
Hays Senior Finance
Interim Statutory Accountant required for a Worksop business to cover maternity leave, day rate or contract
Your new company
This established company based in Worksop are looking for an interim Financial Accountant to join their statutory accounts team directly reporting into the Finance Manager - Statutory Accounting. Ideally you will have at experience in a similar role to ensure a smooth transition to this company. They are well established in their respective market offering a comprehensive service to their clients which develops a high level of quality.
Your new role
You will join the finance team in a pivotal role working alongside one other statutory accountant to deliver annual statutory financial statements alongside other ad-hoc project work outside of the statutory accounts process.
Your role will include:
- Production of Statutory Accounts for up to 70 group companies.
- Ensure draft and final statutory accounts are delivered to the auditors within the agreed timetable.
- Identifying improvements and efficiencies to the current process.
- Working with the auditors to provide answers to queries and processing agreed amendments to statutory accounts.
- Liaise with the internal tax team to produce tax packs and provide other
- information as required to aid with the completion of the corporation tax returns.
- Produce ixbrl files for the internal tax team.
- Perform reconciliations between the statutory financial statements and the underlying records.
- Agreeing with the relevant finance departments adjustments to the underlying records to agree to the final statutory financial statements.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be either ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, however part-qualified accountants with relevant experience will also be considered.
Project management experience with an ability to deliver to a plan and competently meet deadlines is a strong trait for this role, alongside the experience in the production/audit of statutory accounts.
Previous experience of SAP and Onesource are ideal for this role however not essential.
What you'll get in return
Flexibility in this role is available, where the full time requirement is 40 hours per week, however candidates seeking 4 days per week will also be welcomed.
Salaries between £35,000 and £50,000 per annum will be considered for this role (permanent equivalent) depending on experience, and applicants seeking either day rates, hourly rates or fixed term contracts equally welcomed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.