23 days ago
This is a 12 month fixed term contract that will focus on the production of the P&L's and balance sheets to assist the business in monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings. This role will also be overseeing a small team of junior accountants so prior management experience is needed.
My client are a high growth business that have a strong presence in the Bristol market and are leaders in their field.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Month end reporting to include creating and posting journals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Sales reconciliations
- Liaise with all stakeholders to keep Bad Debts accurate, including the development of controls and reports
- Ownership and production of P&L's, Balance Sheet reconciliations, identifying risks and opportunities, to include liaison with appropriate teams
- Providing results commentary to direct line management
- Support on audit and audit queries.
- Work with various stakeholders to manage and understand the drivers for control accounts and debtors walk balances.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A full and recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to adapt and be flexible, completed by an enquiring nature to be able to confidently deal with the variety of different challenges presented by clusters' directors.
- Attention to detail with the ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyse large amounts of data and develop an overarching view that describes the key message for Management's use and colleagues.
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Prior experience of Management Accounting in similar sized businesses
- Experience with Private Equity firms will be an advantage.
A very competitive salary and a quick start. Candidates need to be either immediately available or available at short notice