£350 - 450 per day
17 days ago
Robertson Bell Finance are excited to be working with a leading international organisation to recruit a Senior Financial Controller on an initial six-month contract. Operating across four continents our client is a household name around the globe and influence the lives of well in excess of half a million people annually.
The successful candidate will join a highly capable and ambitious finance team tasked with managing one of the organisations largest budget areas which exceeds £300 million per year.
Key Responsibilities of the Interim Senior Financial Controller include:
- Managing the organisations transactional accounting function; ensuring comprehensive financial control and driving constant improvement to systems, processes and policies.
- Delivering the smooth closure of month end and producing detailed reports for external auditors and senior internal stakeholders.
- Scrutinising the organisations trial balance, verifying that all accounts are reconciled to the required level.
- Leading a team of 14 highly capable finance professionals, including five direct reports – all of whom are qualified accountants.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong technical accounting skills and extensive experience working in a similar role; focussing on managing operational finance in a large organisation (£100+ million turnover).
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage effectively with senior stakeholders, ultimately ensuring informed decision making.
- Evidence of improving existing systems, processes and policies with positive outcomes.
- Prior experience managing teams of qualified and part qualified accountants.
- A CCAB or equivalent qualification.
Experience working in the Charity or Central Government Sector is desirable but by no means essential.
Please note; this recruitment process is progressing extremely quickly so please do not hesitate in submitting your CV now if you are interested in this position and hold the required experience.