Interim Senior Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Interim Senior Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£350 - 450 per day|
|Contact Name:||James Millard|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2020 23:04|
Robertson Bell Finance are excited to be working with a leading international organisation to recruit a Senior Financial Controller on an initial six-month contract. Operating across four continents our client is a household name around the globe and influence the lives of well in excess of half a million people annually.
The successful candidate will join a highly capable and ambitious finance team tasked with managing one of the organisations largest budget areas which exceeds £300 million per year.
Key Responsibilities of the Interim Senior Financial Controller include:
- Managing the organisations transactional accounting function; ensuring comprehensive financial control and driving constant improvement to systems, processes and policies.
- Delivering the smooth closure of month end and producing detailed reports for external auditors and senior internal stakeholders.
- Scrutinising the organisations trial balance, verifying that all accounts are reconciled to the required level.
- Leading a team of 14 highly capable finance professionals, including five direct reports – all of whom are qualified accountants.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong technical accounting skills and extensive experience working in a similar role; focussing on managing operational finance in a large organisation (£100+ million turnover).
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage effectively with senior stakeholders, ultimately ensuring informed decision making.
- Evidence of improving existing systems, processes and policies with positive outcomes.
- Prior experience managing teams of qualified and part qualified accountants.
- A CCAB or equivalent qualification.
Experience working in the Charity or Central Government Sector is desirable but by no means essential.
Please note; this recruitment process is progressing extremely quickly so please do not hesitate in submitting your CV now if you are interested in this position and hold the required experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's