18 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant either immediately available or available at short notice.
My client are a global business based in Swindon and have an excellent reputation on the market.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Perform the technical analysis relating to group-wide accounting projects to enable the delivery of strategic, timely and accurate advice to the Board.
- Develop revised processes resulting from key accounting projects and ensure successful implementation and communication within the appropriate departments.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of a governance framework to enable consistent and appropriate interpretation of accounting standards and group accounting directives.
- Working with the Head of Accounting to engage and influence partners to ensure robust financial documents are produced.
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts in compliance with FRS101 and company law.
- Maintain the relationship with the external auditors to ensure audit information is acquired seamlessly from multiple partners across the business.
- Point of contact for the auditors, leading queries up to the clearance meeting.
- Review and challenge all aspects of financial reporting.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) 4+ years of proven industry experience.
- A proven understanding of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and UK GAAP.
- A proven track record of interpreting accounting standards and technical analysis of key projects and sophisticated transactions.
- The ability to prioritise to ensure tasks to be completed to a high standard, accurately and on time.
- End to end process leadership to implement subject areas whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable overall approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Self-confidence to build relationships at all levels.
- A strict approach with an eye for detail and quality of output.
- Knowledge of SAP and experience of a consolidation tool.
There is a highly competitive salary available depending on the level of experience, and access to additional company benefits including a bonus which is paid on completion of the assignment.