Interim Qualified Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Interim Qualified Management Accountant|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£150.00 - £250.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2020 09:13|
Your new company
I'm pleased to be working with a leading reputable local organisation operating in the professional services sector who are seeking to appoint an interim management accountant for a period of 9-12 months to provide cover for maternity leave.
This leading organisation has operations across the globe, and your role will take responsibility for production of accounts for the EMEA region.
Your new role
The role of management accountant is to produce and the control the accounting for various offices in the EMEA region. You will assist in the development and maintenance of adequate controls and procedures to ensure a strong financial control, ensuring that income and expenses are accurately captured and processed in accordance with the month end timetable.
You will maintain monthly balance sheets and intercompany account reconciliations, whilst ensuring all local compliance of Taxes in each office.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (e.g. creating, posting and reviewing journals, account code analysis and monitoring, preparation of the month end pack and other reports). Overseeing bank account reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the UK and oversee the their production for other regional offices.
- Assist in compliance including Payroll, VAT and other taxes. Also work with accountants and advisors in other offices.
- Supervision of the Finance Assistants, ensuring that process and procedures are both robust and efficient.
- Assist with the year-end statutory audits and other ad-hoc audits. This will include the preparation of financial statements for the UK and other EMEA offices as required
- Provide support to the Financial Controller and Finance Director as and when required.
- Work collaboratively to achieve results and process improvement
- Any other general administration and ad hoc reporting
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA or CIMA) with some post qualification experience in industry. Previous experience in a similar role, including experience of accounting for a multi-site international business preferably in the business services sector.
You will have knowledge of UK taxes and exposure to overseas tax issues as well as strong Excel skills.
What you'll get in return
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum (FTE)
Option for employment on a fixed term basis or hourly/day rate.
Stylish, modern offices with free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £45000.00 per annum + hybrid working + 25 days holiday
Trust Tax Assistant Manager
City of London, London
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Trust Tax Manager
City of London, London
Finance Director - Group
Internal Auditor - Commercial Business
Belfast, County Antrim
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum