Up to £28.00 per hour
25 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Interim Project Accountant Sandbach up to £55,000
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Interim Project Accountant to join a fantastic business in Sandbach.
My client is seeking a forward looking, enthusiastic accountant to become a key member of the integration team for an acquisition. This role would suit a finance professional with experience of integrations.
Your new role
The Project Accountant role is a hands-on role that encompasses all aspects of an acquisition integration into an established accounting system. The role will involve the integration of a European wide subsidiary into the UK parent.
- Leading the integration of a recent acquisition into accounting system
- Working closely with the UK subject matter experts to ensure best practise is adopted
- Liaising with the acquired company's finance teams to ensure data integrity and process integration
- Creation and management of overall project plan and provide regular updates of the project plus milestones to key stakeholders
- Producing standard operating procedure for the acquired finance team to follow
- Gap analysis of the parent and subsidiary processes regarding accounting policies
- Other ad-hoc duties as required - this may not be project related
What you'll need to succeed
- Technical skills and ability to work with numerous financial and operational systems
- Highly numerate and literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate and negotiate effectively and professionally at all levels and across different global locations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to a high level is essential
- Highly organised and detail oriented, ability to cope with multiple demands simultaneously and work tasks in parallel
- Commercial initiative and acumen/a passion for business
- Must be able to report on and interpret detailed results
- Must be able to work in harmony with other team members and use own initiative for broadening own expertise and experience, whilst adhering to the core values
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.