Interim Project Accountant
|Job Title:||Interim Project Accountant|
|Location:||Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk|
|Salary:||Up to £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||William Plom|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2019 16:52|
Your new company
Hays are recruiting for a well established and unique business based in Bury St Edmunds. This organisation are a growing and forward thinking, international business looking for a highly experienced interim Project Accountant.
Your new role
Post-acquisition the newly combined business is undergoing a period of significant change and, in terms of the finance function alone, there are live projects such as a new ERP installation, and a global group consolidation initiative. As part of this organisational change, the small but key accounting functions overseas need to be brought under the control of the main European function at Bury St Edmunds. A technically strong systems / management accountant is required to lead and deliver the migration of month-end accounting to the UK.
The project accountant will be required to achieve the following:
- Migrate the consolidation process of several overseas entities from a bespoke system to a new Hyperion system beginning immediately and completing by 30 September.
- Learn and document the existing transaction processing/month end processes in Dynamics NAV working alongside the local NAV super user) and to 'knowledge transfer' to the Bury finance team
- Document the finance processes into formal SOPs
- Document new role specifications for the finance team and their NAV / Hyperion user roles
- Capture and report on local knowledge gap analysis (For example, local VAT knowledge, payroll etc)
- Lead the budget process for overseas companies (Oct - Dec 2019)
- Own and lead the year end & audit process in Holland (Jan to March 2020)
- Spend up to 2 weeks per month initially overseas, gathering knowledge of existing process of month end and consolidation. This will reduce after the first few months to probably 1 week per month.
- Build immediate strong and supportive relationships with the local staff / super users and other stakeholders (IT internal / Audit external etc)
- Become the short-term consolidation accountant for Europe (reporting to US) ensuring smooth and ongoing, uninterrupted consolidated reporting through the transition
- Work with the FC to share and distribute knowledge & skills to bring UK team in to the new month end consolidation process
- Play a key part in building new management accounts pack using JET reports
- Work on other ad hoc analysis projects such as gross margin analysis by SKU
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
Desirable Skills & Experience The candidate should have a mix of some of the skills below
- International & multi-currency
- Systems - Experience of working with new systems (installation or development), particularly Hyperion / Dynamics NAV
- Product accounting: costing & stock
- Organisational change & development experience
- Self-starter: Understand clearly the objectives, gather the knowledge and deliver with self-management
- Enjoys travel, working internationally
- Personable & approachable: needs to quickly become the key link between the international finance departments
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced excel
- Strong ERP system skills (previous 'Super user' status would help)
- Qualified accountant 3 years PQE would be desirable
What you'll get in return
Salary of c £50,000 per annum, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and overseas travel and accommodation paid for.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Interim Tax Manager
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
INTERIM Internal Audit Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£250.00 - £275.00 per day
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum