Interim Indirect Tax Advisor
|Job Title:||Interim Indirect Tax Advisor|
|Salary:||£450.00 - £553.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Tasha De Keyser|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2019 14:01|
Senior Indirect Tax Advisor Opportunity - 15 month FTC - Up to £550 per day
Your new company is a multinational Oil & Gas company headquartered in London. They are looking for an Interim Senior Indirect Tax Advisor to cover a 15 month maternity leave in the commodities trading arm of the organisation.
Reporting directly to the Senior Tax Manager, you will oversee the delivery of all VAT/Intrastat/ECSL and CCL filling obligations of the group.
- Accountable for the timely submission of the VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List and Climate Change levy returns for the IST businesses;
- Accountable for the timely payment of any tax liabilities due to fiscal authorities;
- Accountable for responding to audit queries raised by fiscal authorities.
- Accountable for the delivery of communications and training to the Operators and Settlements teams relating to tax code error corrections and invoice errors;
- Accountable for delivery of the monthly VAT GL Account reconciliation report to the BP Finance organisation;
- To act as the single point of contact with 3PSP for all tactical and strategic matters relating to the preparation and filing of the Indirect Tax returns each month e.g. agreement of monthly compliance calendar and on-boarding new registrations.
- To work closely with the 3PSP, to ensure that best practice in Indirect Tax compliance is understood and properly considered in all process changes;
- To liaise with BP technology teams to ensure ERP systems are maintained and updated in respect to changes in regulatory requirements e.g. Making Tax Digital and Brexit;
- To act as the Local Process Owner and/or Monitor of particular controls under BP's Indirect Tax Compliance Framework and submit assertions regarding the effectiveness of those controls on a quarterly basis.
- To manage the operational deliverables of a small team of VAT accountants/analysts.
What you'll need to succeed
- Requires extensive experience of UK and EU indirect tax compliance processes and technology; with experience in the commodity markets beneficial.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Indirect Tax rules across multiple EU countries and, in particular, a strong understanding of how the rules apply to chain transactions for cross border supplies of goods and services.
- Requires a strong understanding of risk and appropriate tax control activities.
- Experience of working with 3PSP will be beneficial.
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and manage conflicting priorities in accordance with risk environment.
- Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in managing teams is required.
- Strong project management skills;
- Minimum of 7 years PQE working in Indirect Tax Compliance in practice or in a large multinational.
In return you will receive a day rate between £490 - £550 per day depending on experience
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tasha de Keyser on 02034650138 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Risk Management Consultant
South East England
£350 - £400 per day
Interim Treasury Data Analysis Lead
£600 - £700 per day
Group Reporting Accountant - SES Water, Redhill
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and other benefits
Financial Reporting Accountant
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, LTIP and more
Head of Finance
£65000 - £75000 per annum