Interim IFRS 16 Accountant
|Job Title:||Interim IFRS 16 Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Peter Gillet|
|Job Published:||November 18, 2020 10:33|
IFRS 16 Accountant - support Public Sector body transition - Remote Working
Your new company
A large Welsh Public Sector body with massive impact across the country. Culturally, they are very flexible and modern, having gone through transformations in recent years to upgrade and update their processes. With the incoming IFRS 16 standards, they are looking for a Financial Accountant with IFRS 16 experience to support the transition.
Your new role
- Assess the impact of IFRS 16 as adapted for public sector on financial statements. Gather information required to make the required disclosures.
- Make an assessment of any system changes which will be required to be implemented during 21/22 ready for full reporting IFRS 16 at the year end
- Update accounting policy and procedure for IFRS 16 leases
- Set up process for identifying new leases subject to IFRS 16.
- Implement a process which will provide the financial accounts team with the required information on existing leases subject to IFRS 16 on an ongoing basis.
- Provide the information required on the impact of the implementation of IFRS 16 on the 21/22 accounts for timely inclusion in the 20/21 accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
You should be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified or be qualified by experience, and able to demonstrate knowledge of IFRS 16 and the processes needed to implement the standards.
What you'll get in return
4 month contract with good hourly rate, flexible working and ability to work from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Peter Gillet on 02920222422 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's