Interim Head of Financial Reporting
|Job Title:||Interim Head of Financial Reporting|
|Salary:||£100000 - £125000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Garfield|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2021 16:23|
The client will be very flexible regarding home working for the candidate who ticks all the boxes. For those occasional days of office working, it can be easily commuted from anywhere in or around London or Home Counties.
Main duties include:
* Leading and managing the performance of the External Reporting team
* Responsibility for the half year processes, ensuring it's prepared in accordance with IFRS
* Liaising with relevant departments on the preparation of information for the audit and interim review
* Accountability for submissions of the financial statements for the Group's subsidiaries
* Presenting technical updates and papers to the Audit Committee
* Managing the implementation of any new accounting standards
* Owning Group Accounting policies and relevant manuals
* Acting as key contributor to commercial projects, such as acquisitions, technical guidance, contract reviews etc.
* Supporting ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls
Candidates must have experience leading the half year/year end process in a large-scale PLC reporting environment, coupled with strong technical knowledge of IFRS. You will be fully qualified, with a strong academic record and demonstrate a keen interest in technical accounting advancements.
Key competencies required:
* You must be highly numerate and analytical, with a keen eye for detail that is deadline focused and goal oriented.
* Effectively communicate technical matters with both senior management and non-technical audiences
* Methodical, organised and responds quickly to change
* A continuous improvement mindset
* Ability to build insight and create a story around data
* Experience of leading others and meeting strict deadlines in a fast-paced PLC
* Credible and confident character
An exciting opportunity to be part of a best in class finance function, reporting directly to the Group FD and gaining valuable experience that will only help hone your craft further and stand you in good stead for future challenges.
Vitae Financial Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Financial Reporting Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Global Head of Tax
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£75000 - £85000 per annum + + range of exciting benefits
Head of Finance
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Healthcare & Pension
Group Reporting Manager
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits & Bonus