Up to £61832 per annum + Civil Service Pension & Holiday
5 days ago
6 - 9 Months
Leadership of a Finance Manager and finance team, and also procurement function for a public sector body
A major UK public sector body with a global reputation for its work. Committed to delivering world class projects for the public and with powers across the United Kingdom
- Ensure effective financial management and reporting including the oversight of budgets, monitoring financial performance including cash flow and the production of reports for internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Provide effective leadership to the teams in these areas, ensuring that they are clear about expected standards of performance, motivated and developed to provide effective and efficient services.
- Prepare annual accounts for audit and publication as required by relevant legislation, regulations and government accounting rules.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget, disseminate budgets to individual departments and monitor corporate spending including regularly meeting with budget holders and the preparation of monthly expenditure reports for the Executive Team. Provide regular advice to the Commissioner, ET and Director of Finance on options to address issues arising from this monitoring.
- Ensure adherence to the conditions attached to the grant-in-aid and fee income expenditure.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective policies and procedures to control and manage the use of resources and safeguard public money and monitor compliance with these policies.
- Provide senior management for the Procurement team to ensure third party contracts are correctly tendered and awarded, achieve value for money and that contracts are in place and appropriately managed, meeting spending control and other procurement requirements.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility. Instigate and implement changes and, where appropriate recommend more strategic changes to the Director of Finance.
The role requires
- a financial accounting qualification eg ACCA / ACA / CCAB / CIMA
- at least 5 years post qualification public sector experience
- experience of leading and managing people
- project leadership experience
£61,832 / Remote Working / Civil Service Pension / Civil Service Holidays