£350.00 - £450.00 per day
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new organisation
Our client is a large public-sector organisation in Newport. They are looking to recruit an interim Head of Corporate Reporting & Payroll to maintain the financial propriety of the organisation.
Your new role
You will have responsibility for producing the monthly and annual report and accounts, for all accounts payable and receivable transactions, for VAT and other technical expertise and ownership of the organisation's payroll. As the organisation evolves the need for these critical functions to evolve in parallel is of high importance. Other duties include:
- Maintaining control over financial accounting and payroll system data, resource and balance sheet expense code hierarchy, and accounting procedures to ensure monthly and annual accounts meet audit scrutiny
- Leading the production of monthly and annual accounts on a timely basis which meet audit scrutiny
- Safeguarding the integrity of personal data held in the financial and payroll systems
- Developing plans for the review and implementation of process and systems enhancements across the team core activities
- Maintaining current technical knowledge of e.g. Financial Reporting Standards, FREM, PAYE and VAT legislation, advising and supporting the business
- Advising the business on technical financial matters at a strategic level such as capitalisation, depreciation and variance analysis
- Owning key relationships with external stakeholders
- Producing the organisation's contribution to the Whole of Government Accounts
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years post qualification experience working within a Finance Reporting function. Wide experience of working at a leadership level across the finance function with recent experience in leading financial accounting activities. Wide and varied experience in stakeholder relationship management particularly at senior levels. Proven record of ability to produce annual accounts and managing a year end process. Proven ability to translate complex, technical advice for non-technical stakeholders. Experience of driving change and process and systems improvements in a finance context and a strong working knowledge of government accounting rules, Managing Public Money and International Financial Reporting Standards.
What you'll get in return
In your new role you will benefit from a generous holiday allowance, flexible working hours and a supportive and diverse working environment. You will be paid £350 to £450 p/d depending on experience (inclusive of holiday pay) on a lengthy 9 month placement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Adam Brooks now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.