Interim Group Accountant
|Job Title:||Interim Group Accountant|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tanya Boothman|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2019 16:04|
Your new company
Group Financial Accountant for a growing £135M + Property business in Romford - to oversee the group statutory and financial reporting. Our client is an impressive dynamic young company with a number or prestigious properties in the UK.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Group Financial Accountant position will be responsible for overseeing the group financial reporting and ensuring statutory financial and regulatory compliance to the owners. The Group Financial Accountant will provide a liaison between the Asset Managers and the Operational Finance team managing and coordinating the flow of all information and requests.
Key accountabilities for this role as Group Financial Accountant are:
- To co-ordinate the delivery of all reports as per the reporting schedule
- To support with monthly analysis on key assets
Balance sheet and consolidation
- Consolidation of all asset management owned entities on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation between EBITDA and balance sheet profit and loss account
- Quarterly reporting of investments to asset management team
- Liaise with asset corporate accounting team and fund auditors
- Review and control of parent company and internal sub to sub loans
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed in a timely manner, liaising with the Group Financial Controller
- Prepare accurate balance sheet projections
- Review of loan compliance certificates for bank facilities
- Monitoring of other financial covenants
- Review of capital and FF&E reports to banks on a quarterly basis
- Appropriate proportioning of interest charges, FF&E deposits, general account movements and drawdowns to borrower companies
- Preparation of quarterly working capital reports and management of funding bank controlled accounts
- Preparation of monthly cash flows by investment and monitoring during the month.
Fixed assets, acquisitions and disposals
- Review of monthly fixed asset reconciliation and FF&E reporting
- Liaise with tax advisors on capital allowances
- Liaise with asset management team on acquisitions and disposals, ensuring correct accounting treatment in a timely manner
Audit & statutory accounts
- To lead the interim and annual audit assignments, liaising with the external auditors, asset managers and operational finance team to ensure timetables are met
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts in a timely manner
- Liaison with parent company and tax advisers on all taxation matters
- Managing and overseeing a team of 3, which includes a Financial Accountant, Capex Controller and assistant
The ideal Group Financial Accountant will have a CA or ACCA level qualification, be a senior qualified accountant with group statutory reporting experience and have large group audit and IFRS experience. Candidates should ideally have experience of the property sector, although not essential. Experience of the Sun accounting system would be preferable. They will possess good communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at several levels, and be highly organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and deal with multiple workflows at any one time.
Additional benefits of the Group Financial Accountant role are:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private health care
- Life Insurance
- Laptop and iPhone
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£32000 - £36000 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £40000.00 per annum
£65400 - £65500 per annum