15 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong blend of FP&A management experience and stakeholder management skills. This is a high profile role in the business that plays a key role in the progressive development across their global business.
My client are a well established business in the South West and have an excellent reputation in the market.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Leading the Group's monthly P&L reporting process to ensure the provision of accurate, relevant and timely information to the business, including actual and forecast performance.
- Ensuring that accurate and realistic budgets and business plans are prepared, implemented and effectively monitored on an annual basis. Coordinating the global budget process.
- Managing and developing the FP&A function through building the team's capability, profile and proactively partnering with the business.
- Analysing current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditure.
- Analysing complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Responsibility for the management of, and continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling processes.
- Developing financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives. Provide high quality ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A recognised and up to date accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Post qualification experience and a track record in FP&A in a multi-national business
- A clear track record leading, coaching and developing a team.
- Technical ability to manage and deliver complex reporting for an international group with multiple entities completed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Strong management, leadership and communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels across the business including presenting results to the senior leadership team.
- A demonstratable proficiency in excel, including Vlookup, pivot tables, data manipulation, charts and presentations at a minimum.
- The ability to prepare and present p&ls, analysis, budgets, presentations etc for the senior leadership team.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the impact finance can have on the wider business.
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with key members of the non-finance team.
- Self-motivation and drive to deliver continuous improvements. Presents solutions rather than raises issues.
A very quick start is available for the successful candidate and a highly competitive day rate. This role will be remote working for the foreseeable but please note that there may be an expectation to be on-site when the pandemic restrictions begin to ease.