£275 - 325 per day
9 days ago
Are you an expert in financial accounting? Could you oversee the accounts payable and receivable function of a large organisation? Would you describe yourself as having strong attention to detail? If yes, read on!
Robertson Bell are currently working with this large public sector organisation whilst they recruit for an Interim Financial Accountant on a 3-month contract. Reporting into the Financial Controller this position will have full oversight of all finance transactional processes and will also lead on the month-end closure.
Duties of this role will include but will not be limited to:
- Review creditor accounts and ensure correct accruals are released.
- Answer any finance queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure bank accounts match trial balance and flag any discrepancies to the Financial Controller.
- Lead on the month-end closure, post journals and maintain monthly cashflow forecasts.
- Reconcile payroll data and work closely with the outsourced provider.
- Oversee the fixed asset register.
- Carry out monthly income calculation and oversee various reconciliations.
- Manage two Finance Officers.
- Ensure all payments are processed on time and manage the calculation of accruals.
- Lead on the monthly cashflow forecasts and treasury reports.
- Assist with a finance systems upgrade.
This successful candidate will be:
- Be fully CCAB qualified.
- Experienced in financial accounts.
- A confident and experienced people manager.
- Confident using Excel to an intermediate level.
- A good problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Experienced in AP/AR processes.
This position will be remote working for the duration of the contract. This role also falls inside of IR35.