Leeds, West Yorkshire
£250 - £500 per day + inside IR35 rate is depending upon experience
14 days ago
3 - 6 Months
Interim Financial Accounting Specialist working for a public sector organisation helping to support the COVID response. There are c5 - 6 roles to be filled starting in mid August and lasting for between 3 - 6 months, but with potential extensions.
A public sector organisation at the forefront of the UK's response to COVID-19. Based from their offices in Leeds, but with the teams dispersed and working from home entirely for the duration of this contract.
This is a unique opportunity to use your accountancy skills to support the UK's COVID-19 response as an Interim Financial Accounting Specialist working for a public sector organisation. There are c5 - 6 roles within the team to be filled starting in August and lasting for between 3 - 6 months, but with potential extensions. Key areas of delivery across the team include the following areas and candidates may get involved in supporting one or more teams and business areas:
- Overseeing areas such as business travel, staff expenses and electronic procurement card usage. The role will involve ensuring compliance with policy, policy interpretation and contract management.
- Aspects of updating and maintaining the organisation's non-current asset register including reconciling the register to the general ledger, calculation of indexation etc.
- Line management responsibility (small team)
- Contributing to production of the statutory accounts (a trial balance account - no consolidation experience required), producing high quality working papers and supporting the audit of those accounts
- Cash reconciliations and other general ledger/control account reconcilations to support reconciling financial data in the new finance system following go-live.
Fully qualified CCAB ( ACA / ACCA / CIPFA / CIMA ) accountant with experience in at least one of the following to deliver against the role of Interim Financial Accounting Specialist:
- a background in finance operations
- a background in accounting for non-current assets
- a background in technical accounting/accounts preparation
- a background in technical accounting (financial reporting/audit/accounts preparation - familiarity with accounting standards and their practical application desirable)
- a working knowledge of VAT. Experience of VAT in either central government or the NHS an advantage but not essential
Other useful experience includes:
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP systems desirable but non-essential
- Familiarity with payroll and payroll processing to help add support across other teams
These roles will require a full background vetting check including a DBS check before starting the role.
These are all roles that fall inside of IR35 and so candidates will be working on a PAYE or Umbrella company basis with rate ranging from between £250 - 500 per day depending on their specific level of experience.
These roles will be based working from home and IT hardware will be provided for the duration of the assignment, you will just need access to a reliable broadband connection.