Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£150.00 - £175.00 per day
18 days ago
c. 12 weeks
Hays Senior Finance
Interim 8-12 week cover for a financial accountant with an FMCG organisation in South Sheffield - to £175 LTD
Your new company
A major player in the FMCG sector, my client is a subsidiary of a wider group seeking an interim Financial Accountant to cover a period of long term sickness.
Your new role
- To understand the main variance and overhead performance drivers and to be able to explain variances between actual results and budgets, targets, forecasts and run rates to non-financial managers and cost centre managers.
- Submit Monthly and Weekly performance in BPC ensuring weeklies align with monthlies. Be the site BPC 'champion' assist other team members with training and queries.
- To oversee preparation of operational and overhead balance sheet reconciliations, with full ownership and understanding. To ensure relevant back up and justification is in place and to proactively resolve queries. To highlight the key risks and opportunities.
- To control Capital Expenditure for the Site. To prepare Capital Expenditure Forms (CEFs), review pay backs (in conjunction with Commercial Accountant), track expenditure against approved limits, conduct post implementation reviews and act as the site finance contact for Group Finance queries on cash flow, project approval and control.
- To support the annual budget & monthly forecasting processes. To work with the Factory General Managers and cost centre managers to provide variance and overhead numbers and to challenge performance.
- Monitor and feedback departmental spend each month, assist mangers to identify potential savings, feeding back into the monthly forecasts.
- To oversee all other financial accounting tasks and duties, included but not limited to; blocked and parked, supplier invoice queries, Shared Service Centre Liaison, employee expenses and cheque requests. To challenge and remove non value adding activities within the function & make improvements to routine processes. Be the main point of contact for yearend audits and internal audits, coordinating all information requests and yearend audits.
What you'll need to succeed
Overall, you will be a capable individual, able to hit the ground running and support with day-to-day tasks with minimal direction. You will demonstrate the confidence to enquire and get to the root cause, whilst not being afraid to challenge.
Background and experience requirements are flexible, however the ideal candidate will be qualified/nearly qualified, with previous manufacturing/FMCG experience and SAP, however this is not essential, as the ability to work at pace is the key element of this role.
What you'll get in return
LTD day rate up to £175 per day, with the duration of the contract running for 8-12 weeks minimum.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.