Interim Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Interim Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£300.00 - £400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Michal Piszczek|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 14:23|
Financial Accountant | Finance | Government
Interim Financial Accountant
Location: Falkland Islands
Duration: 3- 6 months
Rate: £37,167 pro rata plus 25% gratuity upon completion of the contract
Accommodation: 2 bedroom, furnished flat £550 - £650 pcm
Travel to and from Falkland Islands: Provided
To ensure the provision of a high quality financial accounting service that supports the effective and efficient management of FIG financial resources, within statutory and regulatory guidelines. To work within the finance team supporting accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place
- Ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial records, ensuring all income and liabilities are accurately recorded, reconciled and reviewed.
- Planning and preparation of the year end accounts process to include accounts for external audit, responsibility for external audit liaison, and completion of Financial Statements for publication.
- Provision of management support to the Exchequer function within Treasury, ensuring that all control processes operate and are documented.
- Investment accounting to be carried out on a monthly basis and to work with external investment fund managers to achieve this.
- Accounting for fixed assets in accordance with FIG fixed asset policy, and ensuring that budget holders comply with all information requirements.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Develop financial procedures, processes and systems to see through efficiencies and improvements in controls and reporting.Preparation of reports for presentation to Standing Finance Committee or Executive Council on financial matters as required by the Head of Finance.
- Provision of support to the effective operation of the Travel Credit Scheme
- Oversee the management of stocks of currency notes and coins to ensure that stocks are adequate to meet demand.
- Developing and managing individual staff members and working as part of the wider treasury team.
- Provide relevant advice and support for non-financial staff across FIG as required .
- Developing staff within the team and making best use of the team.
The job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive definition of your duties. You shall undertake such additional or other duties as may reasonably be required by FIG commensurate with your role and grade.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35k - 40k per year
Interim Financial Controller
£375 - £400 per day
Interim Senior Financial Accounting Manager
£500 - 700 per day
Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
£45000.00 - £54000.00 per annum
£40,630 - £42,606