Interim Finance Manager/Systems Accountant
|Job Title:||Interim Finance Manager/Systems Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + 14% pension, 38 days holiday|
|Start Date:||ASAP in 2021|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||December 15, 2020 10:57|
Large public sector organisation are seeking an interim Finance Systems Manager/Systems Accountant - 12 months
Your new company
A leading public sector organisation in Chesterfield are seeking to appoint an interim Finance Systems Manager/Systems Accountant to join a well established finance team on an initial 12 month Fixed Term Contract. There may be potential for this role to result in a permanent position.
Your new role
You will be an integral part of the organisation over the next 12 months, responsible for the implementation of a new finance system within the group of companies. This will be a wide ranging role, including the awarding of tender, mapping current processes and key financial controls, integrations with other on site systems, alongside the implementation of the system and training colleagues.
You'll work closely with a variety of different key stakeholders within the organisation, including the Finance Director and Procurement Manager, on the following areas:
- Project Lead for the implementation of the chosen finance systems package
- Work with the Procurement Manager to award the Finance Systems Tender
- Process map current finance processes
- Work with key stakeholders to integrate the new system with other systems, such as the organisation management system, EPOS, and on line booking system
- Develop a Training Manual for both Finance and Operational staff including step by step "how to" guides
- Implement the new finance system
- Implement an e-expenses system
- Identify and deliver efficiencies within the Finance department, both in automation and streamlining of processes.
- Build a suite of self-service Management Information report including the management accounts
- Technical Support post implementation
- Lead on data quality to ensure reporting is accurate and can be delivered real time through a range of business intelligence applications
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within a finance department.
- Minimum of 2 years in a management role
- Project Management Experience
- Works to a high standard and continuously seeks opportunities to enhance personal performance, process/systems/service improvements within finance.
- Demonstrates integrity, respect, teamwork, leadership, and management of change processes
- Displays willingness, enthusiasm and flexibility to task completion
- Pays attention to detail, completes tasks in a timely manner, and consistently produces quality outputs,
- Proven ability in solving complex problems and developing solutions
- Strong analytical reasoning
- Strong communications skills
- Strong knowledge of IT systems
- Proven experience in delivering change
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
You'll join an experienced finance team within an established organisation.
The finance team are an outstanding, experienced team who work highly collaboratively and have a sound and welcoming culture.
You'll be reporting to a Finance Director who has a passion for improvement and who takes pride in instilling a positive working environment. My client is a highly likeable individual who people enjoy working with and have great respect for.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
You'll receive a highly competitive benefits package including Local Government Pension Scheme, free parking and discounts.
- 38 days annual leave entitlement (plus additional days)
- 14% pension
- Flexible working opportunities
What you need to do now
This is a key appointment for my client who are keen to appoint someone to start as soon as possible. I strongly recommend getting in touch with me asap to discuss the role further.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Accountant
Interim Financial Controller
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Interim Group Financial Accounting Manager
£500.00 - £600.00 per day
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum