Interim Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Interim Finance Manager|
|Location:||York, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Package|
|Start Date:||Mid August|
|Contact Name:||Melanie Parkes|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 16:25|
Finance Manager role supporting head office functions for a manufacturing business. Responsibility for working with leadership team with commercial finance support.
Leading brand in York area.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the interim Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial matters relating to the preparation and maintenance of the accounts and reports for the head office. This includes forecasting and budgeting as well as providing support to stakeholders on any finance related issues as and when required. You will also manage a small team.
- Providing support to the leadership team in controlling cost centres, managing the preparation of, analysing and interpreting the management accounts and ensuring there is full understanding of the financial implications of decisions and issues affecting their cost centres.
- Ensure that the cost centres comply with all governance and control processes relating to operating and capital external expenditure.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, ensuring that all balance sheet accounts for the function are reconciled each month, taking corrective action to guarantee the accuracy of financial information.
- Prepare monthly cost centre forecasts and ensure a full understanding of the variances to budget are demonstrated, understood by all stakeholders, owned and reported.
- Co-ordinate and drive the annual budget process for the cost centres ensuring all necessary reports are completed, deadlines are met and stakeholders understand and own their numbers.
- Undertake ad hoc projects.
- Provide effective leadership to your team, managing their development by providing training where appropriate and carrying out annual performance appraisals.
The ideal interim Finance Manager candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) with exposure to monthly management reporting and experience of budgeting and forecasting.
The following skills/experience are also essential to this role:
- Experience of financial modelling and interpretation of financial data.
- Experience of cost centre reporting.
- Exposure and experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Ideally experience of working with both SAP and Hyperion Financial Management and adept at VAT accounting and compliance processes.
- Some experience of working within a head office environment in any sector essential. Experience of manufacturing and production, engineering or construction type sectors would be beneficial but not essential.
The interim Finance Manager role has great benefits including:
- Salary up to £44,000 plus bonus
- York base with little travel
- Flexible approach to working hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Potential for role to be full time or over 4 days.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Finance Director
City of London, London
£500.00 - £600.00 per day
Interim Part Time Finance Director
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Bonus and Benefits
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum