Interim Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Interim Finance Manager|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Sarah-Jayne Healy|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 17:47|
This is an excellent opportunity to join a genuinely ground breaking organisation at a pivotal time in it's development journey.
This not for profit organisation works with the NHS and wider public sector to turnaround lives and secure happy, healthy prosperous futures for it's service users.
- Preparation of and adherence to the reporting timetable including obtaining buy-in of Chief Executive and Board
- Preparation of detailed departmental budgets, including P&L and cash flow forecasts at departmental level and balance sheet at corporate level.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts against budget with appropriate commentary
- Preparation of a rolling cash flow forecast (of at least 12m) at departmental and consolidated levels
- Day to day cash management
- Presentation of financial information at Board meetings
- Payroll & HMRC reporting
- Close liaison with Chief Executive and Operations Manager
- Establishing and documenting accounting procedures and financial controls.
- Reviewing existing accounting policies and advising the Board on accounting policy options
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of information and analysis required for tax computations
- Preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with UK GAAP and adopted accounting policies.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisers
- Responsibility for data integrity and security
- Driving efficiency improvements
- Company secretarial matters
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to balance Commercial awareness with the ethos of the organisation.
- Team player
- Natural leader
- Strong negotiator
- Ability to build credibility with their team and others
- Emotionally intelligent
- Supporter & mentor of colleagues in recovery
- Maturity of judgement
- Professional and measured
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Previous experience of not-for-profit sector (preferred) or considerable adaptability
- Experience of Xero (or similar)
- Considerable experience/skill in MS office especially Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Board level presentation skills
You will be fully qualified with a significant amount of experience in a leadership role from a charity background.
Competitive day rate
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Part TIme Finance Director
Richmond upon Thames, London
£400.00 - £600.00 per day
£35000.00 - £39232.00 per annum
Finance Manager (Part Time)
City of London, London
£65000 - £66000 per annum + pro rata
Interim Systems Accountant
Interim Management Accountant
£38000 - £40000 per annum