25 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity within a well established and constantly growing business. This role is suited to a qualified accountant that has management experience, a broad skillset, and can support the management reporting for the company.
This role is in a high growth business that has a strong presence in the South West market and are leaders in their field of expertise.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Delivering all existing business Balance Sheets to deadline each month, reconciled to the standard required.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely existing business P&Ls are delivered to deadline by the MA team each month.
- Providing clear and actionable P&L explanation and commentary to the business support managers each month
- Ensuring the Payroll Flash report is complete and accurate and reviewed by senior management by the agreed deadline
- Line management of a small team, reviewing their work as well as providing line management support and guidance
- Working with the team to ensure current processes are efficient and fit for purpose, and to help identify areas for efficiency gains to support the next phase of growth
- Managing the audit and tax requirements and supporting the wider team to meet their statutory deadlines
- Ensuring the intercompany process is completed to deadline each month
- Ensuring all Finance and Operating Leases (liabilities and assets) have been accurately reflected in the accounts every month, and all necessary documentation is on file for year end and audit
- Approving invoices and supplier set ups up to their delegation of authority as required and as per the agreed SLA.
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution, including identification of profit opportunities and accruals
- Any other tasks as required
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A full and recognised accountancy qualification CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Experience in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations
- Line management experience
- Several years' post-qualified experience, with evidence of CPD
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Sufficient commercial experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly
- Deadline focus, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively
A highly competitive package is on offer and a very quick start. Candidates must be either immediately available or available at short notice.