Interim Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Interim Finance Business Partner|
|Location:||Durham, County Durham|
|Salary:||£180 - £200 per day|
|Contact Name:||Mark Houghton|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 09:58|
Our global client is looking for an Interim Finance Business Partner for an imediate start. Flexible working is offered and the candidate will have been qualified for at least 2/3 years.
Global energy business.
The Business Partner will work with their manager to ensure delivery of the Finance team's objectives.
Day to Day:
- Delivery of documentation on the team's key processes
- Integrity and assurance of project costs
- Articulating to the UK business the key messages behind the financial performance
- Delivery of pertinent analysis to facilitate UK management team's and wider business's understanding of the performance of the relevant portfolio to aid decision-making
- Helping to develop the financial forecasts of the relevant assets and challenging the business teams on the assumptions driving these forecasts
- Representing UK Finance in key meetings with other business departments, UK Executive and external investors
- Assisting in the development of new business-facing processes for new areas of activity within UK
- Projects to deliver organisational performance improvements leading to increasing profitability and/ or cash flow
- Understanding and analysing external economic trends, including the impact of government legislation, and the impact on the UK business
Understanding the drivers of long-term profitability to facilitate management decision-making in areas such as capital expenditure priorities and new business areas
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA). Several years' experience working in industry.
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts (if applicable) and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
- Proficient IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic)
- Knowledge of internal systems (SAP, BOFC)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
- Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
- Experience of the energy or services industry is desirable.
A competitive daily rate and flexible working.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Newly Qualified Finance Business Partner
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Qualified Finance Business Partner - Capex/Opex
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Commercial Finance Analyst
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Group Reporting Manager
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Car allowance, profit share, pension etc
Group Reporting Accountant - SES Water, Redhill
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and other benefits