Durham, County Durham
£180 - £200 per day
20 days ago
Our global client is looking for an Interim Finance Business Partner for an imediate start. Flexible working is offered and the candidate will have been qualified for at least 2/3 years.
Global energy business.
The Business Partner will work with their manager to ensure delivery of the Finance team's objectives.
Day to Day:
- Delivery of documentation on the team's key processes
- Integrity and assurance of project costs
- Articulating to the UK business the key messages behind the financial performance
- Delivery of pertinent analysis to facilitate UK management team's and wider business's understanding of the performance of the relevant portfolio to aid decision-making
- Helping to develop the financial forecasts of the relevant assets and challenging the business teams on the assumptions driving these forecasts
- Representing UK Finance in key meetings with other business departments, UK Executive and external investors
- Assisting in the development of new business-facing processes for new areas of activity within UK
- Projects to deliver organisational performance improvements leading to increasing profitability and/ or cash flow
- Understanding and analysing external economic trends, including the impact of government legislation, and the impact on the UK business
Understanding the drivers of long-term profitability to facilitate management decision-making in areas such as capital expenditure priorities and new business areas
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA). Several years' experience working in industry.
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts (if applicable) and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
- Proficient IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic)
- Knowledge of internal systems (SAP, BOFC)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
- Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
- Experience of the energy or services industry is desirable.
A competitive daily rate and flexible working.