Interim Divisional Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Interim Divisional Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£350.00 - £550.00 per day|
|Start Date:||February 2020|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2019 17:58|
A qualified accountant is needed for an interim Financial Controller role in Oxford; leading a large team.
Your new company
My client is a world class University and this role is responsible for providing advice and information on financial matters affecting all departments, divisions and subsidiary companies. Their mission is to provide sound financial advice and timely information to academics, researchers, administrators and other stakeholders.
Your new role
This interim role is responsible for creating a financial environment in which the division can effectively manage the competing claims on its resources and properly plan its activities. The Financial Controller provides visible leadership of the finance function across the division and is the point of professional engagement for finance staff in its departments.
What you'll need to succeed
- A recognised accounting qualification at CCAB / CIMA level or equivalent.
- Broad-based, relevant post-qualification accounting experience in a senior financial management role, with proven and demonstrable technical skills, including project accounting, budgetary control and financial planning.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to deal sensitively with key issues and gain the confidence of staff at all levels.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with finance and non finance staff and an ability to operate effectively in an intellectually demanding environment.
- Experience of line management and a demonstrable commitment to mentoring and developing staff.
- Change-management skills with a proven record of proactively identifying requirements and successfully driving change.
- High levels of personal effectiveness, particularly co-ordination, organisation, and the ability to focus on achieving deadlines, ensuring that timetables/plans can be met.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive day rate
- Experience of working within a World Class Educational establishment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's