Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£30000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
23 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
Hays are working with a fantastic market-leading business based in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. This large national company have a number of business units and although are in an industry affected dramatically by the pandemic have continued to thrive and are now investing into their future.
Your new role
Reporting to a Senior Credit Manager you will be responsible for the oversight of multiple ledgers and key business divisions. You will lead from the front driving a positive culture in delivering exceptional customer service and performance. Specifically you will be responsible for the following:
- Management of the credit control function for numerous business units
- Management of around 10 staff across multiple locations
- Prompt administration of a manual payment process
- Ensuring high standard of service delivery to agreed SLA's
- Reacting and resolving any escalated debt queries
- Responsible for the production of accurate and effective MI for both internal and external parties
- Identifying overdue debt and customers that may provide high levels of risk and escalating to reduce the possibility of debt write-offs
- Work in conjunction with the legal team when necessary regarding irrecoverable debt
- Support and develop the Credit team as a whole and provide regular training and performance reviews
- Constantly scrutinise and review processes with a view to delivering better controls, improved service and greater efficiencies
- Take lead on relevant projects, designing robust test plans and performing testing and consequent re-evaluation
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours between Monday and Friday.
This role does offer some flexibility in terms of home working but is considered an office based role and the right candidate will be happy to work in the office for the majority of their time to help build a strong and cohesive team.
What you'll need to succeed
You musty have a proven track record in a similar Credit Management role and must have strong people management skills. You will be part or full CICM qualified and have a progressive mindset in regards to self and staff development.You must be able to communicate strongly on all levels, have excellent IT skills and be able to work in a fast-paced and highly pressured environment. You must be able to start immediately or on short notice.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a very competitive remuneration package, 33 days annual leave, free on site parking, generous pension contributions, and a number of additional health and wellbeing benefits. In addition to this you will also have access to significant discounts on company products
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.