Interim Accountant FTC 6-9 Months
|Job Title:||Interim Accountant FTC 6-9 Months|
|Location:||Leamington Spa, Warwickshire|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum + Bens|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Evans|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2020 15:41|
Interim Accountant, to start ASAP, Leamington Spa, Circa £40,000.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working with this SME based in Leamington Spa, to recruit an Interim Accountant for 6-9 months for a project. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, you will produce the management accounting and financial reporting to include support of the business plan, budgets and forecasts process for costs, as well as acting as a trusted adviser to the Senior Management team. We are seeking an all round, hands on Accountant, used to the SME culture. You must be available immediately or on very short notice, to be considered.
Your new role
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the forecast and budget cost reviews. Working in close partnership with budget holders to provide annual budget and monthly re-forecast.
- Assist with monthly management accounts production and take ownership of the direct/indirect cost commentary.
- Completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Management of the cashflow forecast.
- Monitor cashflow and request drawdown, ensuring sufficient funds are maintained in the bank.
- Management of the sub-ledgers for Fixed Assets, Bank, Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger.
- Management for end to end company expenses, ensuring that all payments are made on time and accurately.
- Management of company credit card process, ensuring that all transactions are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Posting journals - accruals / prepayments and fixed assets.
- Credit control and payments
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for all companies in the group, as well as consolidated group accounts.
- Supporting the annual external audit process both interim and final.
- Calculate and submit corporation tax returns for all group companies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Competence in IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Thrive in a fast-paced changing environment
- Experienced track record in Customer and Vendor Management
- Experience of cost reduction techniques
- Essential systems experience in ERP Business Central (Navison)
- Beneficial systems experience in Jet Reports, Sugar CRM, Intelligent Office (IO) advantageous
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a salary of circa £40,000, plus the potential opportunity of a permanent or extended contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's