Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum
17 days ago
An Interim Accountant ./ Finance Manager role based in Sheffield working for a public sector organisation with a hybrid work pattern. Working within an established finance team covering a broad portfolio of work.
A Sheffield based public sector organisation with a hybrid and flexible work pattern.
An Interim Accountant / Finance Manager role based in Sheffield working for a public sector organisation with a hybrid work pattern. This is a role for c6 months, but this could be extended to support the needs of the wider finance team.
Key areas of delivery will include:
- Production of financial accounts including reconciling and importing journals
- Lead on the financial forecasting and the production of the revenue budget
- Identifying and support process improvements
- Production of annual accounts
- Lead the preparation and monitoring of revenue estimates and the capital programme, reconciliations of accounts, assistance with audit, grants, voluntary funds, statistical returns, compliance with financial regulations and standing orders
- VAT advice and compliance, update of the asset register and supervision of VAT return and control function.
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Candidates will need the following accountancy skills and experience to be considered for this Interim Accountant role:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous financial accounting and financial controls experience
- Previous management accounting and business partnering experience
- Experience of working within a publicly funded organisation such as local government, central government or NHS
- A self starter who is comfortable picking up an interim role quickly
c£35,000 - £50,000 depending upon relevant experience
generous holidays, good work life balance culture, competitive pension scheme and flexible working with an anticipated 2 - 3 days based in the office and the rest from home