|Job Title:||Integration Accountant|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum + Bens|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Evans|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 12:15|
Integration Accountant, Coventry, £40,000 plus benefits
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with this growing business in Coventry. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, this is a newly created role to help deal with integrating companies recently purchased and those expected to be purchased over the next 3-5 years as part of the ambitious growth plans. There will be a large element of running each integration as a separate project in its own right. It will also involve extensive liaison with the existing Finance team so you will take the new businesses into the business as usual processes as quickly as possible.
Your new role
The duties will include:
- Involvement in the latter stages of the acquisition process to identify any requirements specific to that acquisition
- Developing a standard integration plan to be used as a template and ensuring there is a specific integration plan in place for each acquisition
- Acting as the Finance liaison between those responsible for Finance in the acquired company and the Finance team
- Holding regular integration meetings and sending regular updates to the Finance Director and Group Financial Controller on progress against the integration plan
- Highlighting potential issues and proposing solutions so that the impact of issues can be minimized
- Ensuring there are agreed reconciliations for all opening balances which are shared with the Finance team
- Getting the new company set up on all systems
- Working with the Management Accounts team to get the new company feeding into the monthly Board pack correctly
- Loading opening balances into the general ledger
- Dealing with queries from the business and the former owners, responding at an appropriate level to ensure the answer can be understood
- Support on hand over of auditors, if required, and collaborating with CSM group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit.
- Providing ad-hoc support for the Finance team as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- An understanding of how all areas of the Finance Department work
- Previous experience of managing projects is essential
- Previous experience of managing people who aren't direct reports
- Needs to work with a high degree of accuracy whilst still being deadline focused.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent reconciliation skills
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel to an intermediate level. Previous experience of Sage would be an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- You must be part qualified with one of the 3 main accountancy bodies.
- Previous experience of working in a medium-large company.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will get a salary of £40,000, free on-site parking, 28 days holiday (20 + 8), study support, flexible working if fits in with the rest of the team (37.5 hours per week), pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Richmond upon Thames, London
Up to £50000 per annum
Finance Controller - Growing SME - Surrey
£50000 - £60000 per annum
City of London, London
£56000 - £64000 per annum + Bonus
Reporting and Management Accounting Manager
£33,107 - £44,336 + £2,000/£4,000 Accountancy Allowance