City of London, London
£45750 - £49000 per annum
27 days ago
This large accountancy firm provides external audit services to insurers, reinsurers, run off companies, brokers and managing agents.
This large accountancy firm is a market leading expert in insurance.
The insurance industry is going through tremendous change right now. Key matters facing clients include:
- IFRS 17
- Regulatory change
This firm is one of a select number of firms able to understand the insurance market and deal with its global requirements, as well as the continuing political, financial and regulatory reporting challenges.
You will be responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment, including statutory and CASS audits, for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identify risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Recent audit experience
- Experience in the financial services sector is desirable, but not essential. Particular experience in the insurance sector is ideal.
- Qualified ACA / ICAS / ACCA or overseas equivalent
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
Excellent salary and benefits package.