City of London, London
£120000.00 - £200000.00 per annum + up to 100% bonus + benefits
27 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Hays exclusive opportunity to take this exceptional professional services brand into Corporate Recovery.
Your new company
My client is a highly regarded Professional Services business, alongside an Investment trust. A listed company, they have an impressive market cap and around over 200 people worldwide. They are not, nor are aiming to be, a full multi-disciplinary practice but rather a professional services firm with a number of key specialisms/ services within which they are well-known for their depth of expertise. The Professional Services business ranges across Transaction and Governance Services and currently include service-lines such as:
- Corporate Trust
- Corporate Services (including Company Secretarial )
- Pensions Trustee
- Pensions Executive
- Corporate Secretarial
The brand is both well-known and highly regarded in the Legal sector and clients include Magic and upper-end Silver Circle, as well as many banking/FS. Overall their clients span large corporates, banks/funds, private equity, large corporates, SMEs, hedge funds, start-ups and private clients.
Culture: there is a very high calibre of senior people/ service-line leaders. Many have joined from the Big 4, Financial Services and Magic Circle. There is an investment culture, both in people and services. The "feel" of the business is smaller and softer than the Big 4/Magic Circle, but no less ambitious.
Your new role
It is client demand which has prompted this next investment phase, though of course an incoming IP would need to have their own established, referring contact base as well. It also completes the "life cycle" of services they already provide, ensuring they have the ability to offer help with financial stress or a professional exit from the market.
Strategy and success will largely be determined by you. As an IP you are the expert, so they will consider any realistic, well-reasoned business plan. It may make sense though, given their clients and where the service "gap" is for them, to start by building a core of CVL and MVL work, and gradually work ones way along the debt curve for other, earlier-stage rescue casework. They don't as yet offer Strategic Exit Routes, so developing your MVL offering along those lines could be fruitful. Their strong banking relationships, where the brand is already warm, could possibly yield panel opportunities in the fullness of time. Either way, my client is simply looking for long-term, sustainable growth.
What you'll need to succeed
- You'll be a new or established Insolvency/Corporate Recovery Partner , or possibly an Appointment-taking Director looking for their first Partner-equivalent role. Your following/practice is likely to be centred primarily around formal insolvency as opposed to debt advisory/turnaround. Even if you don't currently deal with larger law firms, you'll have the ability to engage credibly with this client base.
- An entrepreneurial approach with the appetite to build a £multi-million service line, including growing through or laterally hiring other IP's along the journey
What you'll get in return
- This is a rare, unprecedented in recent times, opportunity to form and build a new Insolvency practice
- They are a net giver of work to Law firms. So not only is it time to capitalise on that, but they are already being asked by many why they can't service liquidations (solvent and insolvent.)
- An exceptional brand to bring to your own client base.
- You'll be supported by an established business-wide BD function, the head of which was previously at a Law firm.
- Weekly "business leads/meets" meeting where service line leaders and the CEO compare opportunities & client meetings.
- You will hire your own team around you
- No "dead men's shoes" in terms of any previous attempt at this service - strategy driven by you
- Commercial reward structure - no equity/investment required by you as it would otherwise be in a traditional partnership. Total comp = base & bonus, and the bonus element can be up to 100% of base. Additionally there are share options, and at Executive level LTIPs are given by invitation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me in 100% confidentiality and discretion for an initial discussion.
If this opening isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.