16 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Unique opportunity to expand a highly esteemed restructuring brand further into the UK.
Your new company
A name which has long held respect and renown within the Restructuring industry, this boutique firm have had a strong focus for many years on Turnaround and early-stage rescue. Known for interesting, complex work, and an enviable range of Consultancy talent on top of the core Partners, their focus is to now grow out their formal insolvency practice , via a number of strategies, but including lateral IP hires in the Home Counties and around the UK. While many formal insolvency firms aim to capture more market share in early-stage rescue and pre-appointment work, it is exceptional to see the reverse, and thus this represents a unique opportunity both in the industry and indeed on economic timing.
The firm operates as a single P&L.
Your new role
The firm are looking to open further offices in the UK. As an established IP you would be supported to build a team around you, and have a voice at the strategic table. You would be empowered by the brand to attract earlier stage rescue/pre-appointment work than perhaps you are able to do under your current aegis, perhaps attracting referrers you've not been able to get in front of before, and are also likely to attract larger/more complex formal work too. Work could be resourced from anywhere in the UK - as a single P&L you and the firm would decide where each mandate is best serviced from both a delivery and profit point of view.
You would remain your own marketing office and responsible for how you grow your practice, but have the support of the central functions in London, and of course if you are currently a sole practitioner, then this brings you the chance to also delegate compliance, IT support, cashiering, letter packs and so on.
You would take joint appointments with the current Partners.
What you'll need to succeed
You're likely to be an IP who is proving themselves billing in their own right, but may be in one of the following situations:
- A sole practitioner who would welcome the chance to grow their practice more quickly, capitalising on this well-respected firm's brand and resources
- An IP who is Director or Partner level but feels that the strategic direction of your firm is not in tune with what you yourself would like to be known for as you further build your own identity in the market
- A Director who is taking appointments and billing in their own right, yet Partner promotion within your firm remains elusive...
- A seasoned IP/Partner who might welcome a "legacy role" for the last 5-6 years of their career, having some fun along the way!
What you'll get in return
- All the benefits of an impeccable Corporate Recovery brand
- A firm with a strong investment mentality
- If you are a new IP, mentors who will guide you through your Partnership journey
- A "light touch" partnership where you will still drive your own practice/regional growth
- Resources both hired around you and the use of existing staff
Your M.O. is still down to you - some IP's like to bring in a case, throw it over their shoulder and let others run it; others like to be more involved in the case management. This firm are not going to tell you how to run your practice, but will be there for advice and mentoring when you need it.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.