23 days ago
Based in the Menzies LLP central London office and working with a tight-knit team, the role of Insolvency Manager involves being responsible for management of the insolvency team in London. Having a working knowledge of the insolvency legislation that requires light-touch guidance from a partner or director, the role will require the Insolvency Manager to guide and assist the team in their efforts to manage their case load.
The Insolvency Manager will demonstrate excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise and ensure that others meet the business requirements.
The role may also entail some level of business development activities and the Insolvency Manager may be encouraged to develop or continue to develop existing or prospective clients.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the team including assisting with appraisals
- Ensuring the team meet internal and statutory deadlines and manage their cases effectively
- Case management and progress in corroboration with other team members
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including: bankrupts, directors, shareholders and employees
- Assisting the team with case strategy and holding regular portfolio review meetings
- Providing training to the team where appropriate
- Reviewing of the output of the team
- Internal financial case management such as WIP reviews, controls together with strategic case billing
- Active involvement in business development activity
- Providing support and assistance to team members and partners when required
- Carrying out investigations
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our values!
- JIEB Qualified
- Must have current & relevant Insolvency experience at the appropriate level for this position
- Be familiar with all common Microsoft programs and eventually become fluent with bespoke software systems
- Being proficient with IPS is an advantage
- Excellent time management skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Insolvency Manager or Senior Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.