Business Recovery Manager
|Job Title:||Business Recovery Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive, Manager Grade|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 17:37|
Based in the Cardiff office and working with a tight-knit team, the role of Business Recovery Manager involves being responsible for day to day team management. Having a working knowledge of the insolvency legislation that requires light-touch guidance from a partner or director, the role will require the Business Recovery Manager to guide and assist the team in their efforts to manage their case load.
The Business Recovery Manager will demonstrate excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise and ensure that others meet the business requirements.
The role may also entail some level of business development activities and the Business Recovery Manager may be encouraged to develop or continue to develop existing or prospective clients.
- Managing the team including assisting with appraisals
- Ensuring the team meet internal and statutory deadlines and manage their cases effectively
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including: bankrupts, directors, shareholders and employees
- Assisting the team with case strategy and holding regular portfolio review meetings
- Providing training to the team where appropriate
- Reviewing of the output of the team
- Active involvement in business development activity
- Providing support and assistance to team members and partners when required
- Carrying out investigations
- Previous experience in business recovery industry
- Qualified through experience and/or qualified as ACCA/ACA/AAT/JIEB
- Be familiar with all common Microsoft programs and eventually become fluent with bespoke software systems
- Being proficient with IPS is an advantage
- Excellent time management and oragnisational skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Business Recovery Manager? then apply online ASAP.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Our Excellent Benefits:
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive staff referral scheme
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's