Insolvency Case Manager
|Job Title:||Insolvency Case Manager|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £65,000|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2020 13:05|
Insolvency Case Manager, Professional Conduct
Part Time, 4.5 days a week
Join our team
Interested in using your insolvency experience and skills in a regulatory role? Why not join the team and uphold the highest standards which our members are known for.
We are looking to recruit an experienced insolvency professional into our Professional Conduct department to provide focussed timely analysis of facts obtained through face to face meetings and concise correspondence with members, firms and complainants.
Providing a responsive, professional interface with members and the public to ensure that all complaint and regulatory casework is performed to the highest professional standards which inspires members’ and the public’s confidence in ICAEW and the accountancy profession.
- Manage to resolution a portfolio of insolvency related casework and where appropriate find pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Manage volume and timeliness of reporting and ensure high standards of reporting are maintained to provide internal/external stakeholders (eg committees, members, the public, other regulators) with an accurate and balanced view of the outcomes.
- Answer correspondence and telephone enquiries in a timely manner and provide information to firms and members within area of technical knowledge.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective systems and procedures to support casework including providing regular updates and feedback on own casework to senior managers.
- Where appropriate, facilitate, and prepare work for consideration by Committees and assist the Committees secretary to support and monitor the work of the of the Committees to ensure effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Provide assistance and advice in insolvency knowledge to colleagues across ICAEW.
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
- Strong experience gained at manager level of the full range of insolvency (Bankruptcy, CVA, IVA, Liquidations etc)
- A good grasp of all relevant current insolvency legislation.
- Sound knowledge of the ICAEW’s Bye-Laws, regulations and ethical guidance.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Professional qualification, ideally JIEB (or equivalent) and experience of work conducted by Institute members/firms
ICAEW values – for all employees
The 3 i’s are the values that drive everyone’s attitude and approach to working at ICAEW. They help us to collaborate, innovate and be an agile organisation.
- Actively collaborate to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
- Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
- Empower people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
- Actively gather insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
- Collaborate with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally, to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Be agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government.
- Act with transparency, consistency and openness as integrity underpins everything we do.
- Stand by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
The Professional Conduct Department (“PCD”) plays an important disciplinary and regulatory role in the licensing and monitoring of the work of ICAEW members and in helping to maintain the reputation of the profession. PCD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of accountants and lawyers who assess, conciliate investigate and where necessary report complaints to the Investigation and Disciplinary Committees.
Not the role for you?
We often have other roles we are recruiting for and we’re always interested to hear from people, particularly if you have experience in accountancy practice, the legal and regulatory sector, or digital skills. Please visit icaew.com for the latest opportunities.
Why work at ICAEW?
At ICAEW we offer a comprehensive benefit package which enables our employees to choose from a range of options including:
24 days holiday, increasing with service and the ability to buy or sell holiday.
Group personal pension plan with an employer contribution of 9%,
Private medical insurance at family level
An additional day off at Christmas
Potential to work from home and our offices
Season ticket travel loans
As well as offering employee benefits, we truly believe in creating a diverse and empowering culture where our teams can thrive and be themselves. We support sustainability, corporate and social responsibility campaigns and encourage our employees to take a day to work for a cause of their choice, or to work collaboratively as a team in doing this. We nominate and support two charities every year and run all manner of events to raise money. Our active social committees provide fun events ranging from the seasonal parties, to quiz nights and bowling tournaments.
Here are just a few of the initiatives we run to fly the flag for employee well-being, equality and diversity:
CABA supports the well-being of ICAEW Chartered Accountants, ACA students and ICAEW members of staff – helping them through challenging times and also offering guidance for personal development.
Whenever you contact CABA, you will be assigned a highly trained adviser who will devise a bespoke programme of practical, emotional and financial support to address and resolve your situation. Any information provided will be held in the strictest confidence. Please visit caba.org.uk for more information.
Our LGBT+ network, the Together Community, aims to create an open, progressive and informed working environment to support ICAEW's employees and stakeholders. They provide regular meetings and activities, and act as a point of contact for LGBT+ employees and allies for related issues.
Our Diversity and Inclusion network, embrace, creates a supportive working environment for all our colleagues while also encouraging employees to understand the needs of individuals across our organisation. It helps us to understand our individual differences, so we can support each other with respect. If you’re interested in our work around inclusion and these communities please visit: https://www.icaew.com/insights/diversity-and-inclusion and also our Instagram feed
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's