Insolvency Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Insolvency Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||30000 - 47000|
|Contact Name:||Heena Rathod|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2020 10:21|
Insolvency Assistant Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
Job Description Summary:
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Insolvency Assistant Manager role.
The AM will primarily work with managers and supervise administrators, but also have exposure to the case partners. Insolvency Cases will generally be of a more complex and international nature, broadly involving asset realisation, investigating company affairs and reporting to stakeholders. The aim is to progress cases in a compliant, timely and cost-efficient manner, without the need for constant supervision. The AM should have a background in accounting and insolvency with good investigative skills.
Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
Own your own work.
Operations and results
- Understands insolvency legislation, types of appointments taken on by the department, different types of creditor claim and shows a willingness to learn about and apply relevant legislation in other jurisdictions.
- Strong working knowledge of Appian and IPS processes
- Good knowledge of Advisory, OnePlace and R&R Manuals
- Leading smaller cases and ensuring all statutory and internal compliance aspects are adhered to
- Actively make suggestions regarding progression of the case and agree strategy with case managers or partners.
- Able to adapt to working with different case managers and changing workloads.
- Is a team player but also able to work independently.
- Understands what is important and/or urgent, prioritises workload to ensure case progression and meeting of deadlines.
- Ensure that cases are progressed expediently and efficiently.
- Conversant and adheres to office and departmental procedures and risk management, including money laundering.
- Reviewing and amending witness statements and affidavits in various jurisdictions following guidance from solicitors.
- Conducting analysis of bank accounts and funds flow tracing for Partner review.
- Investigating misconduct by company officers and preparing misconduct reports with limited guidance.
- Understands the critical nature of strong data and document management in live litigation cases.
- Must be able to understand and interpret accounts and other financial information.
- To have some understanding of accounting standards.
- Demonstrate good writing skills by preparing clear correspondence/statutory and non-statutory reports and analysis with little supervision.
- Drafts comprehensive file notes of meetings and calls maintaining clear audit trails and files for ease of reference and for support in legal proceedings if required.
- Be able to deal with most third parties (including creditors, company staff, solicitors and agents) and make appropriate recommendations.
- Manage asset realisations including liaising with solicitors, agents and staff on site
- Able to quickly assimilate data and understanding of software available to assist in this process
Understand and prepare logical and accurate statement of affairs, deficiency accounts and Estimated Outcome Statements
Be a part of a team.
- Can adapt style to best interact with clients from different cultures
- Flexibility to be able to travel overseas to clients' offices where necessary
- Acts as a role model for living the firms CLEARR values (Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility)
- Is proactive in their role as a mentor and buddy to administrators
- Proactive role as an Assignment Manager, supervise and coach people to ensure they have assignment briefings and regular catch ups
- Provide regular feedbacks to junior people to assist in their development
- To keep up to date technically in order to carry out role e.g. attend internal and external training events
- Collating and presenting information (verbal and written) internally and externally in a logical manner
- Demonstrates excellent research skills including IT skills and thinks in a logical and structured manner whilst bringing commerciality into analysis and findings in terms of proportionate work and interpretation of findings
- Represents Grant Thornton in a favourable light to all stakeholders
- Is aware of the importance of good client and intermediary relationships
Build your brand
- Should be starting to build own network both internally and externally
- Understand the services of Grant Thornton and be able to spot cross selling opportunities.
- Take active role in marketing events and seminars as required by the department.
- Take part in presentations both internally and externally in order to promote Insolvency and asset recovery services
- Available for short term internal secondments
The minimum criteria
- ACCA/ACA qualified
- or other equivalent qualification
- Word/ Excel/ Powerpoint at intermediate level or above
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Full driving license
- Previous insolvency experience
Previous litigation/asset recovery experience
- Previous Audit experience
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Assistant Manager
Restructuring Assistant Manager
46000 - 48000
Audit Assistant Manager
Competitive + Benefits
Internal Audit Assistant Manager
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
Audit Assistant Manager
Competitive + Benefits