City of London, London
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
12 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Leading global insurance business is now looking to recruit an Indirect Tax Assistant Manager for its team
Your new company
Leading global insurance business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager the successful candidate will manage and control the accounting of indirect taxes and compliance with all appropriate indirect tax legislation across the group.
Key responsibilities (not exhaustive);
- Preparation and filing of UK and ROI IPT returns;
- Extract IPT data from source systems and submit to outsourced providers in agreed format and to required deadlines;
- Act as primary point of contact with our IPT outsourced providers to ensure timely submission of all returns and payments;
- Assist in designing appropriate governance and controls with regard to our indirect tax processes and take primary responsibility for testing IPT controls;
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation of indirect tax processes;
- Provide ad hoc advice to the business in relation to IPT, VAT and other parafiscal tax queries;
- Provide input into processes to ensure internal timely reconciliation of indirect tax accounts;
- Provide assistance to the Indirect Tax Manager with regard to the completion of the VAT returns
- Provide input on new systems and upgrades to existing accounting systems and front end systems (web portals) to ensure indirect taxes are properly identified and accounted for; and
- Maintain industry knowledge and an understanding of indirect tax rules and practices globally to evaluate their impact on the business and on indirect tax policies.
Other Responsibilities Include (not exhaustive);
- Provide assistance to other members of the tax team in relation to tax authority audits (where required);
- Provide assistance in providing clear communication to the business of legislative changes, or recent case law and of their impact to the business;
- Provide input into raising awareness in the business to minimise error via a rolling education programme;
- Help manage the group's relationship with HMRC and European tax authorities with respect to Indirect Taxes;
- Develop strong relationships with other functions which impact tax.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good understanding of IPT and experience of VAT;
- Have an indirect tax or tax accounting background within a corporate or accountancy firm;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- A self-starter, with proven ability to assist implement new procedures and take ownership in delivering solutions;
- Excellent admin, able to manage priorities and achieve internal and external deadlines; and
- Excellent team player, strong relationship skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- ACA or CTA qualified;
- Experience of European premium tax regimes outside of the UK;
- Experience of the insurance industry;
- Experience of accounting packages; and
- A second language.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.