In-Year Planning and Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||In-Year Planning and Reporting Manager|
|Salary:||£35635 - £40248 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Palmer|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 11:22|
Salary - £35,635 - £40,248 + £2,500 or £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status) with offices in Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester.
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK's leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
The In-Year Planning and Reporting Manager will contribute to GPA developing a culture of strong financial management. The role requires the post holder to lead a team of three in delivering a function informed by analysis, underpinned by robust data and supported by analytics and visualisation tools. Further growth will be required as GPA expands its client and property base.
The responsibilities of the In-Year Planning and Reporting Manager will include
- Lead the preparation of Supply Estimates, reflecting the annual budget settlement with HM Treasury.
- Production of the monthly GPA and budget holder management accounts to tight deadlines.
- Lead the Management Accounts Team in analysing financial performance to identify variances and ensuring robustness of data.
- Support the identification and management of trends, risks and opportunities in the financial performance data.
- Lead the production of business intelligent financial data to support effective decision making.
- Provide technical advice on the public sector budgeting system.
- Drive continuous process efficiencies and improvements across the function, delivering maximum value for the GPA and ensuring robust controls are in place.
- Seek out opportunities to lead/contribute to cross-government and cross-finance initiatives outside of own role.
- Build relationships with key staff across Finance and the business in order to maintain effectiveness and relevance during change.
- Ensure Record to Report principles are embedded within the GPA.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified (or with sufficient financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- Good experience of financial reporting, ideally in a public sector context.
- Good experience of financial risk management.
- Good experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to seek and analyse significant amounts of financial data to inform decisions.
- Ability to put customer needs at the heart of delivery and communicate complex ideas to a non-financial audience.
- Ability to lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to plan and prepare to maximise time and productivity.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Reporting and Management Accounting Manager
£33,107 - £44,336 + £2,000/£4,000 Accountancy Allowance
Rent and Systems Accountant
£45000 - £47000 per annum
Head of Estimates and Funding
£400 - £500 per annum
Director of Finance and Corporate Services
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35000 - £40000 per annum