In-house VAT Manager
|Job Title:||In-house VAT Manager|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Copsey|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2020 12:32|
An exciting new position has become available for an In-house VAT Manager to join a global, market-leading business based in the Stockport area. This is a varied role and would suit someone with an Indirect tax background looking to build on their tax knowledge in other areas and be the main point of contact for all tax matters within a global business.
A global market-leading Electronics organisation based in the South Manchester / Stockport area
As In-house VAT Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Taking ownership of the tax reporting for the group
- Overseeing Indirect Taxes (EU VAT, Intrastat, US Sales Tax and Canadian GST), Transfer Pricing, Corporation Taxes and R&D Tax Credits
- Ensuring that tax compliance obligations are observed and filing deadlines are met in an efficient and accurate manner
- Advising the Group on the tax implications of new developments within the business, from expansion into new geographical territories to new service offerings
- Liaising with suppliers, clients, advisers, HMRC and other external stakeholders as required on behalf of the business
- Ensuring optimisation of the VAT cost to their clients (particularly those with exempt/partial exempt status) wherever possible.
- Working closely with key stakeholders throughout the business to upskill them in the application of EU VAT rules through training and interactive workshops, and assist with VAT mitigation planning.
- Running VAT training courses across the UK to clients and internal account managers
- Liaise with external advisors in respect of Group Corporation tax returns
- Dealing with any external tax enquires
- Coordinate ongoing R&D tax and business rate reduction claims
- Working with HMRC with ad hoc queries
The successful In-house VAT Manager will have Indirect tax experience in either an accountancy practice another in-house tax role.
You must be a clear and confident communicator and be able to work both individually and as part of a wider finance team.
£45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience (+ other benefits)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
VAT Senior Manager
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + (Excellent package)
VAT Senior Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Excellent flexible benefits package
VAT Senior - London
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Manager / Senior Manager
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits