In-House Tax Manager
|Job Title:||In-House Tax Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £70000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Robert McIlroy|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 14:06|
Global Investment Group is recruiting a Technical Tax Manager in infrastructure investment
Your new company
Your new company is an investment group that prides itself on facilitating investment in businesses operating in sectors including media, Infrastructure and real estate.
The group is the UK's largest independent investor in the creative economy and since its inception has raised and deployed more than £9bn in the media and entertainment, infrastructure and real estate sectors.
The group employs more than 170 staff and is based in the heart of the West End in London.
Your new role
This is a very varied role, which will involve taking technical responsibility for a number of the group's infrastructure related investment services and balance sheet investments, working on ad hoc projects, supporting aspects of group compliance, contributing to the group's development activities and providing technical support within the group (principally services related). The role requires a broad knowledge of UK taxation, including corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax and VAT. In particular the role is likely to involve:
- Learning about and understanding the operation of a number of the group's current and legacy investment. services, including infrastructure joint ventures, Enterprise Investment Scheme funds, film production partnerships
- All aspects of taxation work on a portfolio of investment services related to the infrastructure sector, including working with various teams within Ingenious on due diligence into fund investee companies and transactions to be undertaken by investee companies, including structuring, monitoring and realisation
- All aspects of taxation work on Group balance sheet investments, including due diligence, structuring, monitoring and realisation
- Monitoring compliance of certain of the funds with the relevant tax rules
- Obtaining or overseeing pre-clearance from HMRC for companies in which EIS investors invest
- Assisting in the development of new funds or investment services
- Supporting technical aspects of the Group's tax position
- Overseeing aspects of funds' tax compliance obligations
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries in respect of certain of the group's investment services
- Responding to technical queries from sales or client service teams
- Reviewing accounts, tax computations and returns prepared for companies and partnerships established in connection with certain of the group's services
- Provision of technical support and ad hoc technical advice across the business, including keeping abreast of consultations, new legislation, tax cases and regulations which may impact the group's products/business or create new opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be qualified ACA/CTA with an interest in technical tax matters. You will have the ability to understand and deal with complex issues and have excellent pragmatic problem solving skills. You will be able to build relationships by demonstrating enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will have the ability to work independently within a supportive and dynamic technical team and will be a team player, including the ability to mentor and develop staff.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a generous salary up to £70000 per annum in addition to a discretionary bonus up to 15% and will receive a range of flexible benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's