Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum + + additional benefits
28 days ago
A global pharmaceuticals business based in the Cheshire West and Chester area who are looking for an In-house Tax Assistant Manager. The role primarily supports the Group Tax Manager including management of Group tax compliance. Additionally, you will support various Group tax activities such as structuring and M & A work, and providing support to the Head of Transfer Pricing in respect of various transfer pricing projects.
This is a market-leading, global pharmaceuticals business based in the Cheshire area. They have an in-house tax team and are looking to expand on this due to continued growth.
This is a varied role with mixed responsibilities including corporate tax, transfer pricing, deferred tax, direct and indirect taxes. In particular:
UK Corporate Tax Compliance
- Preparation and filing of UK tax returns.
- Calculation and payment of UK quarterly payments and group relief.
- Prepare and file UK Research and Development Credit.
- Management of overseas corporate tax compliance.
- Corporate Interest Restriction compliance and management.
- Management of withholding taxes.
- Operation of Corporate Tax Controls.
- Preparation of interim (and support for year-end) tax reporting (direct support to Group Tax Manager) and Budget cycle.
- Assistance with analysis of ETR.
- Advisory on ad-hoc projects.
- Input to Group structuring and M&A projects.
- Repatriation strategies.
Transfer Pricing Support
- Assistance with transfer pricing documentation and policies
- Assistance with maintenance and data gathering in respect of quarterly transfer pricing adjustments.
- Support to build and maintain Country-by-Country Reporting model.
- Ongoing day-to-day support in respect of general tax including VAT, employment taxes advice and transfer pricing tasks as needed.
- Remain up to date with evolving tax landscape.
The successful In-house Tax Assistant Manager will have:
- Minimum 2 years UK corporate tax experience, ideally gained from working at an accountancy firm or an in-house tax role
- Up to date knowledge of relevant tax legislation and experience in tax accounting
- An awareness/experience of indirect taxes would be an advantage
- Previous experience of transfer pricing is desirable but not essential
- Ideally be ACA / ACCA / ATT or CTA qualified or working towards this.
As In-house Tax Assistant Manager you would receive:
£40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
A wide range of additional benefits.