In-House Senior Tax Manager (renewable energy)
|Job Title:||In-House Senior Tax Manager (renewable energy)|
|Salary:||£85000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2020 11:58|
Outstanding newly created stand alone Senior Tax Manager role with a renewable energy business.
My client is a privately-owned investment company committed to the development and operation of renewable energy power production at scale. The group invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of proven renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, waste to energy, energy storage and energy efficiency.
With millions of capital deployed into renewable energy investments and an expanding development pipeline the business expects their performance only to increase as needs for renewable energy grow and the opportunities for their investor partners gather pace.
The Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this position is to drive tax compliance, planning and efficiency for the group. The Senior Tax Manager will take ownership for the groups tax planning for all transactions, both buy-side and sell-side, as well as accounting for income taxes and overseeing preparation of tax returns .
This role encompasses the entire group including Head Office, operational companies, development SPV's and holding companies. It involves an interesting mix of compliance and transactional work, partnering directly with the investment teams, contributing to forecasting and budgeting and working closely with the Financial Director driving the strategy for Tax Management within the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator able to influence at a senior level with strong tax and financial acumen. This role sits with the Corporate Finance team and will report to the Finance Director.
- Ensure all aspects of tax are managed efficiently and are fully compliant.
- Providing expert advice to all parts of the company on tax legislation and ensuring the business remains compliant in the future.
- Provide support to the Group in respect of tax aspects of acquisition/disposals and restructurings, of which there are multiple
- Managing tax compliance of the Group including overseeing the preparation and review of tax returns including the UK VAT Returns and non-UK VAT returns by service providers (e.g. Ireland, Netherlands and other jurisdictions due to the growth of the Group)
- Maintaining relevant tax regulations (including transfer pricing, CIR, SSE, DAC6 etc) on an ongoing basis
- Ownership of tax technical developments and their applicability to the group
- Support the business by assisting with other tax areas as required in including review of intragroup arrangements from a Transfer Pricing perspective
- Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
- Input into forecasting and budgeting processes for cash management and to highlight key business decisions that management can undertake to influence results
- Manage day to day relationship with Group tax advisors and tax compliance service providers.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Robust and able to manage in a rapidly changing environment and challenge the status quo
- Experience of working to multiple deadlines.
Professional Skills & Experience Required
- Tax and/or accounting qualification or equivalent with proven experience of mixed tax compliance and transactional experience likely gained in-house or in an accounting/consulting firm
- Considerable experience in a tax advisory company and/or in house in a similar role
- Experience understanding complex structures
- Renewable energy experience and/or infrastructure investments would be valuable.
- Experience of working with fund management would also be useful.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Senior Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 77000
Senior Financial Accountant (Renewable Energy)
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus
FP&A Manager (Renewable Energy)
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + bonus
Regional Manager (EMEA) - Home Based
Dependant on Experience
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits