Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65000 - £70000 per annum + + 20% bonus + other benefits
21 days ago
A multinational, leading retail business in Manchester is looking for an In House Indirect Tax Manager to join one of the best tax teams in the North.
The successful candidate will lead the Indirect Tax (VAT, GST, sales tax) compliance function across the globe (including the UK, EU, US, and Asia) as well as manage an experienced team of managers and analysts to ensure that all filings are prepared and submitted on time.
A multinational, leading retail business in Manchester with one of the more reputable tax teams in the North. They are a rapidly growing and evolving team that are looking for ambitious individuals to support their continuous growth. The business operates on a global scale and offers a varied and exciting career path.
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will be required to manage the indirect tax compliance function globally, including:
- Managing the VAT return compliance across multiple jurisdictions;
- Reviewing VAT returns prepared by the indirect tax compliance team;
- Product liability review and set up in accounting system;
- Assisting with reviewing customer and supplier setup;
- Identifying and implement continuous improvement in process & controls;
- Managing tax authority relationships and responding to audits; and
- Managing external advisors who support with local filings.
- Integration of new acquisitions from a VAT compliance perspective.
- Implementing required changes due to changing indirect tax legislation across multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide training to other areas of the business to educate them on correct indirect tax treatment to reduce the number of processing errors.
- Managing and developing direct reports to create a great working environment.
Ideally, you will have significant prior experience of managing a large and international indirect tax compliance portfolio. You should also be comfortable with VAT accounting, processes, and controls.
In House Indirect Tax Manager Requirements:
Substantial experience in indirect tax, particularly in-house indirect tax compliance.
Significant experience in VAT accounting, financial reconciliations, and Microsoft Excel.
Ability to prioritise workload and keep to deadlines.
Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- £65,000 - £70,000
- Realistic 20% bonus
- Staff Discounts
- Exciting and endless career progression prospects.
- Open to flexible working hours and location.